The Lodestar papers

Yeah, I’m leaning toward someone in national security/intelligence background.

Lodestar is bait.

Do a google ngram analysis of lodestar. It appears we reached Peak Lodestar in the US right around Clinton’s impeachment.

I’m making no inferences from that data point. It’s just funny coincidence…

How many has Pence used this word before? If he’s used it quite a bit, I could see why the op-ed author could’ve used it as an diversion tactic.

I think it was the last time I tried to pin attribution of anonymous content on Mike Pence.

Very interesting…so, Pence has used this word quite a bit in the past. Guess which government security departments use these kind of bait tactics? Hmmm.

Still pretty wild to think that someone from within the administration would try and throw people off the trail onto Pence. That is some next level ■■■■ right there…

In the first link its seems that the author is trying to disprove the obvious. Hence Pompeo instead of Pence. Being that Pence is the only one who uses the word the signature should be obvious as well as obvious bait. Pick.

The other option is that both the NYT AND the author were too stupid to see obviously rare word forms as potential identifiers.

There’s no clean Occam’s razor there. But, if it were somebody with experience in national security, intelligence, military, or diplomacy, is it really next level ■■■■■

I think you are over thinking it.

OK so say somebody simple like me…um…well say trump for instance, didnt see the next level deep state ■■■■ but just saw the sig “Lodestar”. What can he do about Pence? He cant fire him. Whats next?

Great question.

Shut him out of the decision making process? I don’t see much evidence that he’s involved now.

Most likely shootout at the Twitter Corral. All guns blazing.

Maybe Trump tries to turn DoJ against Pence. Or, more obviously, convince Congress to impeach Pence.

I don’t know.

There’s are fascinating times.

Have you seen “House of Cards”?

Just a few episodes.

Well, Pence specifically denies doing it, for what it’s worth.

Plus, he must be a helluva actor be fooling when he looks at Trump with those puppy-dog eyes:

Yeah. Mike Pence would be selling shoes if it wasn’t for Paul Manafort and Donald Trump.

I’m just not seeing him as the author.

Wouldn’t be the first time I was wrong…

1 Like

The most fascinating Life imitating art is when Spacey as VP gains the Presidency. Its almost as if a page is being re-enacted. Copy Cats. Unoriginal.

And thats the magic of coming out clean isnt it? To appear to be fully overtly over the topply supportive. And then much to your obvious shock and dismay you are thrust into the Captain Kirk chair with no doing unto yourself. “Hey, I didnt ask for this, but I accept”. Yeah Sure.

Pence isn’t a senior administration official, any more than Trump is. Pence is the VP. He had nothing to do with the OPED

Maybe, but maybe not.

Um…the Vice President is a member of the President’s Cabinet. I also doubt he wrote the op-ed, but he is absolutely a senior administration official. As are all of the other members of the Cabinet.

And 1,000+ other officials in multiple departments.

My point was that Pence would not be referred to as a senior administration official and neither would Trump. They would be referred to as the President and Vice President respectively.