The Little Things You Notice During A Pandemic

According to Craig’s List there is a Central NJ but I never could figure out where it starts and ends. :grinning:

The 6 foot spacing doesn’t seem like a big deal, there are still a lot of tables at Strawberrys Pizza/Pub in Woodbridge under their parking lot tent.

Indoors I’ve noticed that people are good at the spacing on the cashier line but elsewhere in stores there isn’t a lot of spacing.

Who cares about someone’s list? NJ was area code 201 and 609 for the longest time.

You’re a bit north of me which is what I suspected. Man did I love JJ Bidding in Woodbridge, is it still there? I live in the Brick/Freehold area. There is no longer spacing in lines. There used to be, but now it’s back to normal.

Does that make 732 Central NJ?

I’m pretty sure JJ Bidding is still there but I haven’t been in a couple of years. You’re right, it’s a pretty good place.

Funny, around here spacing in line is still a thing.

I don’t know. I’m am in the 732 area code. But there never was anything but 609 or 201. I think 732 used to be considered south Jersey. You could probably use 195 as the cutoff point. I think anything north of that was 201 and anything south 609.

I notice that I still want either an Tesla Armored Cybertruck or the new Porsche Spyder. I’m still split on that decision.

I notice I want either a new Origin PC or an Asus ROG Strix GA35.

I notice there still no decent vitamin,electrolyte water with no sugar and no fake sugar.

I notice that there is not many decent movies or TV series.

I notice lots of people are dumber then ever and the mask wearing makes America look like like China.

I notice that Turner Classic Movies is still the channel I watch.

I notice that Drive-in movies are opening up in Mall parking lots.

I notice homeless people living in squalor if I drive around.

#MHollywoodGA. Now that’s the challenge.

I agree. There are more masks on the ground than there are on faces.

Kroger has been out of canned tomatoes since April.

Wear your mask, don’t wear one, doesn’t seem to matter around here. We wear them when we go into a grocery store, or school, but that’s about it.

Still can’t get the mega roll toilet paper at Sam’s.

I got Netflix because of all the talk of these shows I’d never heard of. I enjoyed Ozark, Queen if the South and Cobra Kai, did not enjoy Tiger King.

I’ve had a tough time getting lawnmower blades from a local shop that sells them on the cheap. But I probably won’t need them until next season anyway, I just like to stay ahead and have them in stock before I really need them.

We don’t frequent the movies all that much, so their closure hasn’t really affected things. Although, it’ll be a while before something good comes out now.

Outdoor activities haven’t really changed. We still go to the lake most every weekend. Boats are outrageously priced. I wanted to get a Sea Ark in the next couple of months for inlet fishing and exploring, but the market may drive me away until next year.

We may only get to go to a handful of Clemson games this year. They’re limiting seating to 19,000 this year.

Overall, I’m hoping things get back to normal, but I was pretty much a hermit anyway, so no biggie.

1 Like

Had to be at a local hospital today for a posture screening for my teenager. The problem is improving.

But it seems to me that at this hospital, as in many organizations, the dumbest ideas rise to the top of the heap.

We registered and sat in the little waiting room of pediatric orthopedics. Paperwork is now filled out with small pencils like you find in libraries to write down call numbers.

You’re issued the paperwork and pencil, with the instruction that you MUST throw it out when you’re done.

?!?!?!?!?!

We couldn’t stop laughing at that. Wouldn’t it be less wasteful to insist patients keep it & do whatever they want with it when they get home? Just don’t leave it here?

So now there’s more trash, abd the irony is when walking to our car, what did we see on the pavement but a MECHANICAL PENCIL—with an ERASER :scream:

Needless to say, I alerted security and a team in riot gear was sent to dispose of the plague spreading item.

Sarcasm now off

Some people tend to get “setup”

Can you catch this virus from a surface? If so, then I must be immune.

1 Like

I’m starting to think those who set some of these policies live in relative isolation and have very little contact with average Joes and Janes. Really.

Fir example, for awhile in my workplace, there were bathroom stalls that couldn’t be used “to maintain social distancing”. ?!?!?!?!?!

Barriers between the stalls aren’t enough? Do those who came up with this think we’re passing hors d’œuvre trays in there? :face_with_monocle:

So I’m spending a chunk of my paycheck at Barnes and Noble, & really need to use the Ladies Room. On the door it says only one adult in there at a time.

Was anyone congregating in groups before this? How will this be enforced? Will the strip mall security form a potty patrol?

Sorry, but between larger volumes of trash & social distancing in the bathroom I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the COVID 19 responses.