The Little Things You Notice During A Pandemic

Maybe those Karens need to get a new mission and bitch at the cretins who continue to throw their masks/gloves on the ground. I hate people like that.

Well, not hate. I don’t hate, I strongly dislike and think they need a kick in the ass to quit being an entitled twit who thinks others should pick up after their asses.

2 Likes

You have to be careful of the mask patrol. :wink:

As much as I appreciate the state having inmates clean trash off the highways, I’d prefer people didn’t litter. Thankfully, plastic bags are not banned here, so it’s not hard for people to maintain trash bags inside their vehicles.

1 Like

I was also tasked with looking for a Nintendo Switch for a family member. I searched for months when I was in Walmart, Target or Best Buy. Luckily they found one a few weeks back and now I don’t bother looking anymore.

They were going for $200-250 above retail for a while there.

It was nice traveling all over the country in empty planes. Freeways were empty. Air Traffic Control was quite. I could be cleared from T/O to 45k direct from NY to seattle. Glorious. Now much more traffic but still nice.

1 Like

I do not like those who litter. I consider them lazy or basement dwellers who’s momma still does everything for them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’ve always been a stickler for calling out people who litter. Drives me nuts.

I’m sure one day I might get myself into trouble for doing so, but I have gone so far as to get out of my car at a red light and pick up the lit cigarette someone has flicked out their window and hand it back to them.

I know cars don’t come with ashtrays anymore but smokers who have to smoke in their car need to learn to deal with that and prepare.

A thousand rounds of 9mm going for $699.99 on gunbroker. :rofl: :us:

Does that come with a bottle of scotch and a goodnight kiss afterwards too?

Talk about laughable. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I picked up a thousand rounds of 22lr for $119. I thought that was ridiculous.

Did you know you can check online to see if something is in stock at any of those stores?

I do, but a lot of times I hit them at opening and just walked straight back.

1 Like

If i am driving and a passenger litters i will pull over and make them pick up two pieces of litter before I will continue driving…

From my POV where I live in NJ most things have gone back to normal. All except having to wear masks at indoor stores and some places still closed like gyms and movie theatres. Outdoor bars and restaurants are open, no masks.

Traffic is as bad as it has ever been.
Kids are playing in the street more than ever.
Backyard BBQs are back just about every weekend.

Social distancing is pretty much gone in private settings. Hell, even at outdoor bars.

I see

I’m not sure where in NJ you live but here in Central NJ it is about the same as you describe. I haven’t seen an outdoor bar, only outdoor restaurants.

NJT is running at about 20 percent capacity, if that. The NYC Subway has way more ridership right now. I’d say subways are at about 40 percent.

Otherwise, stores are well stocked people are going about their lives much as before.

Most things are back to normal here. Except for buffets.

If there is one thing that I miss about the pre-Covid world it’s the Chinese Buffets.

When it comes to item shortages it’s mostly stuff like Lysol that you have problems finding.

With the recent hurricane I’ve had a bunch of Louisiana customers coming to our parts store (it’s about an hour from the LA state line) looking for generators and generator parts. Been getting to teach the new guys how to find that stuff.

Also DEF fluid is nonexistent. Had a bunch of disappointed diesel owners over the last week.

There is no central, just south and north. But yeah, I’m in central NJ too. I don’t do public transportation so I can’t comment on that. But you’re right, I meant bar/restaurants. They space out the tables 6 feet apart but you can have 8 people per table. What’s funny is, they didn’t have to change anything. Tables were already 6 feet away.

Other than the masks, not much different from normal here in Surry County (Mount Airy area). And as you go up the hills, not many masks to be seen. :smile:

I will say that I put my mask on only as I am approaching an area on foot where it is required or prudent. The instant I leave said area or enter my car, the mask comes off. :smile:

Not many shortages in this area now.