The Impeachment will happen, Pelosi officially kicks it off at 5:00 pm today (9/24/2019)

Unless the case that emerges from the House is substantially discredited, the political risks of such a move are enormous. Allowing a debate and vote shifts the risk from solely on McConnell’s shoulders to all the R Senators, assuming 34 vote too acquit.

I think the Senate Republicans need more proof. I think it has to be so obvious that they can’t deny it without looking like fools. Maybe if the whistler testifies and his story is credible. Isn’t he/she supposed to?

What the transcript clearly shows is that Biden initiated with his video bragging that Obama need not be consulted and you have 6 hours to get this done…Very disturbing.

Glad Trump brought it to their attention.

:ballot_box_with_check:

I disagree.

A majority of Republicans in both chambers have already made up their minds that Trump is innocent. They most likely din’t read the whistleblower’s complaints or the transcripts. They have no intention on doing so, just like the Mueller report. And no smoking gun will change their minds.

Looks like a fumble on the opening drive.

:football:

I’ve been listening to this ■■■■ since yesterday and you’re telling me we don’t know what this ■■■■ is?

I did. I didn’t see any 42, but I trust you. Only you.

Yeah, the memo was sure a disaster alright

The Mueller Manifesto was a smoking gun?

You’ve been “listening” but you refuse to see the value of reading the source documents for yourself, rather than relying on others to read them for you!

Great metaphor! The Barr Summary was a silencer and a flash suppressor all rolled into one

2 Likes

I’ll rely on you to give me an objective analysis.

1 Like

Thank you. Are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

What was Mueller’s testimony then?

The prosecutor in question was not one of the current President’s men, who is a reformer, but of the previous President, Yanukovych, a Pro-Russian who was highly corrupt. He was so bad some of his men were caught with caches of diamonds and cash from payoffs, mostly Russian in origin.

Yanukovych is the guy that Mannafort did work for, by the way.

Biden, along with every European country who also was trying to support the fledgling democracy Ukraine in it’s efforts to survive it’s fight with Russia and Russia supported insurgents, felt that any aid to Ukraine was subject to plunder by this cabal and insisted that this Prosecutor was known as the worst of the worst. This Prosecutor (Shokin) would have never investigated Biden’s kid because Biden’s kid work for a huge company that was paying the Prosecutor off. By the way, that company has ties to Yanukovych. At the time that Biden interceded in this matter, Shokin’s investigation was dormant and not progressing, so Biden did nothing to help his kid here, there was no ongoing investigation of Burisma (the company) at the time he insisted on Shokin’s removal, along with a host of other countries.

Biden, by insisting that the Prosecutor be let go before US and International Aid came in, made it more likely that his kid might be caught up in a Prosecution, not less. That is why he was comfortable talking about it, he did the right thing.

7 Likes

Great post. And illustrates why this nonsensical conspiracy theory falls flat on its face.

1 Like

Sorry Sneaky…I was funnin…there are three…maybe four if you want to separate step three into two steps…the trial and then the vote on conviction. 42 is my goto sarcasm number. I thought you were jiving back with me. No intent to be a jerk. Just thought we were on the same page. My bad…

So what step are we in now?

Step 1…

Everything you’ve said is correct so I’ll add one additional piece.

Mykola Zlochevsky is the majority owner of Burisma and under corrupt Yanukovych, Zlochevsky was basically interior minister capable of giving resource extraction contracts to himself, which is obviously very likely corrupt.

It can be hard to know what Shokin was doing with Burisma, but we know for a fact that the British had to give up an investigation into Zlochevsky due to lack of cooperation from Shokin.

1 Like

see under procedure