The Impeachment will happen, Pelosi officially kicks it off at 5:00 pm today (9/24/2019)

Maybe, but I am sure it is more worthwhile than mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really don’t believe he could get a legitimate security clearance because hes a well known drunk

I humbly and respectfully disagree. I’d take your honest assessment and evaluation of events over Jarrett’s every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He sold his soul out to the highest bidder.

One interesting contrast with Watergate, which happened while I as a graduate student. I watched hours of Senate and then House hearings and what I recall was watching the hearings and by myself and with my friends weighing the actions of Barbara Jordan, Sam Ervin and Howard Baker… who were among the more memorable members of Congress. I fear that broadcasts today will be overwhelmed by pundits from all shades of the spectrum. If ever we needed a just report and let us decide moment…

A friend of mine who lived on Capital Hill at the time told me at the time that she was in a restaurant one evening when Senator Ervin came in to get dinner. He got a standing ovation from the assembled patrons. That’s democracy in action.

3 Likes

Remember the “troubling promise” that the Washington Post was saying started all this?
Where, exactly, is that “troubling promise” in the conversation?
And yet still some pretend this shows exactly what the complaint was about.

That’s not the entire conversation. Why are you pretending that it is?

Forget about the WaPost. Read the memo that was provided from the White House. The president asked a foreign government to investigate the son of a political rival. He even offered up his own personal lawyer and the Attorney General to help!!! This is extremely troubling. Do you approve of this?

3 Likes

Oh the guy who just put out a whole book about none of the Russia stuff ever happened. Seems legit.

This is a modified memo from fat donald and not the entire conversation.

I’m fearful those times of patriotism and placing the good of the nation ahead of the power hungers of a party are behind us. The conspiracy theorists have invaded the GOP, and like a cancer, have metastasized and spread throughout all corners. Becoming the leaders and standard bearers for the party. They are joined by their cultists who repeat, mindlessly, the latest conspiracy du juor, as the worms invade more and more of their brains, and their souls are eaten one bite at a time.

1 Like

It’s no secret he’s always been a boozer but apparently it’s really gotten out of control in the last few years.

Even if that opinion piece wasn’t a fact free jumble of words set in an alternate universe… one cannot use the argument that the people of the United States do not have a right to know that the President has severely abused his power of office.

It is really really really stupid to argue that.

Do you think Trump and Zelensky will meet alone this afternoon, or will there be witnesses?

@Safiel

Any thoughts on the release today? Do you expect this to move the needle for the GOP?

What research?

Again, conjecture. Not history.

Why? Don’t we already know what the complaint is?

Its always best to read the source document. There are rumors that it addresses several things besides the Ukraine but we don’t know.

You are making the same mistake you made with the The Mueller Report. If you had read the original document, rather than the commentaries you would have seen Mueller’s very damning findings. Same thing in our debate about the Constitutional origins of 2A. I go back to Patrick Henry’s speech on guns, you rely on contemporary commentators.

Ignore the source documents at your peril.

3 Likes

Into what the actual steps are.

“CASE DISMISSED”

1 Like