The "immigration reform" lie

And one of those Republicans happens to be the President of the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/my-whole-town-practically-lived-there-from-costa-rica-to-new-jersey-a-pipeline-of-illegal-workers-for-trump-goes-back-years/2019/02/08/8cdbc1dc-2971-11e9-97b3-ae59fbae7960_story.html

2 Likes

Thats the ugliness of the right…

They block solutions while blaming everyone else for their own actions…

2 Likes

No but the extra agents proposed would in tandem with the scanners.

Rush didnt mention that part so forgive her

Which just shows how little Dems know about making deals where you win some and lose some. You have to start with a statement of your best case scenario for your side and the best case scenario from the other side. Once you know what are the priorities of both sides, you then discuss the pros and cons of each initiative and negotiate towards policies that will achieve what is best for the citizens who elected you. The fact that the Dems won’t put a policy statement out shows that they only want to run out the clock of the Presidents four year term with ineffective talk talk talk, in the hope of next getting the Presidency and running amok unilaterally with their newly acquired power at that stage.

I am not a Democrat. They are too right wing for me.

Democrats are taking a page out of McConnell’s playbook?

Democrats just want to destroy our culture and will use any invaders to do it.

What is the amount needed in the senate to get anything passed? I seem to remember something about 60 votes and the GOP were short of that number. Maybe if everyone was honest about what it takes to get anything done in the senate we could have an honest conversation.

I’ve read it and it was another amnesty bill.

Ah, you’re right. I tossed his name as he was one of the leading opponents of the bill, and there was this article with him giving reasons why:

“We’re not going to bring up the Senate bill, we’re going to do it our own way, on our own very methodical way, because we want to make sure we get this stuff right,” Ryan said. “We want to have real triggers on the border, real triggers on what we call the e-verify.”

Of course, the bill had exactly what he wanted-triggers that would not let certain provisions go into effect until certain parts of the bill were put into effect.

For example, NONE of the pathway to citizenship was supposed to move forward until the sections of fencing, that were already scheduled to be finished, were finished.

But of course he opposed it anyway, and helped make sure it wouldn’t come to a vote.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t.

I suggest reading it, since the brief description of what you think it was is wildly inaccurate.

It was an amnesty bill. That it did a little about border security does not change the fact that it was an amnesty bill.
And any bill that offers any kind of amnesty is going to cause me to call every senator and house member from my state and tell them that if they support an amnesty bill I will work to make sure they are no longer in DC.
We tried amnesty once in my life time and all it got us was more illegals. We do not reward bank robbers and we should not reward illegals. Break the law and suffer the punishment. And the punishment has to be harsh enough to deter anyone else from breaking the same law.

So you haven’t read it. Like I said.

There will never be an immigration bill that deports every single illegal here right now. NEVER. If you’re not willing to compromise, then we will NEVER have immigration reform in the US.

Read the 2013 bill. I highly recommend it.

And that’s your answer? That’s what is going stop the flood of invaders? You’re not serious are you? Nobody believes that scanners are going to stop anybody who wants to sneak in. Not DHS, not the border patrol, not local sheriffs. Nobody.

That’s because I like to argue with the smartest person in the room. That’s usually me. :man_student:

1 Like

Neither will a wall, if someone really want to get in then they are going to get in whether there is a barrier there or not. The difference is that scanners let CPB know exactly where the illegal crossing occurred, something a wall doesn’t do.

Yeah, those low skilled who don’t contribute to the economy and compete with low skilled Americans for jobs

https://www.stlouisfed.org/publications/regional-economist/october-1997/a-burden-to-america-immigration-and-the-economy

I need a Kit Kat bar to go with my coffee. The jingle “Gimme a Break” readily comes to mind when reading this O P.

Finally, we agree.

2 Likes

It’s simple. When the Democrat Politicians had the Presdiency, and both
houses of Congress, they could “Pretend” that they wanted to do something
at the border. Pretend is the key word. Because by Pretending, it appealed to
some of their Republican voters, and moderates in the middle. Of course they didn’t
follow through, because that isn’t what they really want.

That’s why under Obama, they pretended to work with Republicans, and want
reform of immigration. Now that Trump is in there, and the Republicans can
actually push something through into law, the Democrats will never allow it!
Because they never wanted it in the first place!

The Democrats don’t want to work with Republicans in General! It’s either
their way, or no way at all. For years and years, several Republicans
would simply just sell out their so called principles.

When Conservatives need every Republican Politician we can get at our most important time in history, what will they do now?