The house select committee on Jan 6

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots : Capitol Insurrection Updates : NPR

2 Likes

Who was in control of the Senate at the time?

Come on dude…keep going.

This is awesome.

1 Like

I won’t. I continue to observe the lies being told and attempt to connect the dots of truth so that my path going forward, is an accurate one. It’s a cool way to live your life. Seriously…you should try it?

Hey if your truth is Trump supporters are stupid…I am ALL for it.

I won’t argue with you.

So go for it!

3 Likes

We can do our own sleuthing!

The fiction department doesn’t want us.

:cry:

1 Like

Who was in charge of the House?

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

2 Likes

Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the “optics” of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence.

Who does Mr. Irving answer to?

1 Like

but not by Pelosi since she is not in charge of the Capitol Police.

Security is provided by the sergeant-at-arms of the House, the sergeant-at-arms of the Senate and the Capitol Police.

The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, Pelosi.
The Senate sergeant-at-arms reports to the Senate majority leader, then McConnell.

The Capitol Police is overseen by a four-member board that includes both sergeants-at-arms.

read his testimony here:

On January 4, I spoke with USCP Chief Sund and Senate Sergeant at Arms Stenger about a National Guard offer to incorporate 125 unarmed troops into the security plan to work traffic duty near the Capitol, with the expectation that those troops would free up Capitol Police officers to be at the Capitol. Certain media reports have stated that “optics” determined my judgement about using those National Guard troops. That is categorically false. “Optics” as portrayed in the media did not determine our security posture; safety was always paramount when evaluating security for January 6. We did discuss whether the intelligence warranted having troops at the Capitol, and our collective judgment at that time was no—the intelligence did not warrant that. The intelligence did warrant the plan that had been prepared by Chief Sund.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/read-opening-statement-of-paul-d-irving-former-sergeant-at-arms-for-the-u-s-house-of-representatives/6b9f8cc1-f4cc-4e1f-a283-3f5154ebb801/

Is she in charge of the House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving?

1 Like

On the evening of January 5—the night before a white supremacist mob stormed Capitol Hill in a siege that would leave five dead—the acting secretary of defense, Christopher Miller, was at the White House with his chief of staff, Kash Patel. They were meeting with President Trump on “an Iran issue,” Miller told me. But then the conversation switched gears. The president, Miller recalled, asked how many troops the Pentagon planned to turn out the following day. “We’re like, ‘We’re going to provide any National Guard support that the District requests,’” Miller responded. “And [Trump] goes, ‘You’re going to need 10,000 people.’ No, I’m not talking ■■■■■■■■■ He said that.

“The President Threw Us Under the Bus”: Embedding With Pentagon Leadership in Trump’s Chaotic Last Week | Vanity Fair

A liberal source wrote this and if it’s true, who, what or why did it not happen? Does anyone truly believe this commission would address this?

1 Like

One of them was identified for you recently. The one you had all these questions as to where he got his shield. And then poof……

The great news is that turd was outed, in the news and being prosecuted and I totally missed seeing it anywhere.

1 Like

The Sargent of arms reports to her that’s why this whole thing is laughable.

Thats all well and good but you have a tendency of taking a single event and projecting it into a bigger deal. So may be the answers to your questions have already been answered…. Judt may be you missed it?

she is.

but she is not in charge of the Senate Sergeants at Arms, the Architect of the Capitol and the Chief of the Capitol Police… who are the other 3/4th in charge of the Capitol Police.

All the major violence was at the congressional halls! We all know why they are dodging this!

The Sargent of arms answers to her! That’s like saying your boss doesn’t answer for you! Which is complete Bs! Pelosi is responsible for what the Sargent of arms provides for security! If Pelosi denied security she should be the one investigated.

1 Like

Only the House Sargent, which is only 1/4 of the committee that controls the Capitol Police which includes House and Senate Sergeants at Arms, the Architect of the Capitol and the Chief of the Capitol Police.

Read Sunds testimony. It’s very clear on what happened that day, and none of it points to Pelosi masterminding anything.

All the major violence was at the congressional halls, the Sargent of arms reports to Pelosi and was denied more security twice! Put him under oath and get to the point! Who cares what sunds says! I also want to know who was serving our national guard raw chicken!

you are confused about what happened. Sund made the request. Both the Senate and House Sargents denied the request.