The GOP is a Party of Idiots

triggering… Roy has left the building

1 Like

How can it be corruption when the SCOTUS has legalized the bribing of pols by individuals with the means to do so, and multinational corporations that have been deemed persons?

Until that is corrected, corruption will remain in DC.

You really don’t understand anything about that case. Pity.

1 Like

When the source of those pins is the owner of Georgia’s fifth largest (or fourth largest…I may be odd by one number) gun manufacturers…

…and you can “trigger da Libs”…

the question becomes why wouldn’t you wear those pins?

I’m more concerned with once again the “pro-business, party of small government” conservatives falsely attacking a company (ATT/DirecTV) for “deplatforming conservatives” when the reason Newsmax is off DTV is the usual tale of a content provider asking for a carriage fee for the same content they offer free to streaming services.

In other words, a smart business decision to get rid of a network hardly anyone on their service was watching.

This is outright authoritarianism being sold to the base as “fighting discrimination”.

1 Like

The Supreme court treated corporations as citizens with constitutional rights as far back as 1815, Terret v Taylor and swiftly followed it in 1819 in the Dartmouth College case.

1 Like

A simple look at the etymology of the word…

And then there’s the whole root cause of the case.

And common law roots. Going back to trusts that preceded corporations but shared many of the same features.

1 Like

McDaniel is a loser because she is Mitt Romney’s niece.

1 Like

Artificial persons, being applied to corporations goes back long before there was a USA.

It is only after the Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Company case where it got some attention. The headnote, made the claim that corporations are persons protected under the 14th, but the case did not mention that argument.

For nearly 100 years, there were many laws on the books, not treating corps as persons.
Starting with the Tillman act. There were also many state laws that forbid the same, with harsh penalties for those that broke the law.

It was not until the 1970’s, where 2 SCOTUS cases ruled corps were people, and money is speech.
In 2010, the SCOTUS then expanded those rulings.

And since then, money has become the biggest factor in our legislative and election processes.

People complain about corruption. And make no mistake, the influence of money has blown up since 2010, and it has dramatically damaged our democratic republic.

No other 1st world on the planet has a system where those with the most money, can have so much power over government…well, except maybe Hungary and Russia.

Why do you side with the oligarchs(government) in that case?

1 Like

What the what?

It’s in the definition of the word.

You argue on behalf of the current government constantly and yet say it’s a corrupt oligarchy, you don’t see the disconnect?

1 Like

I consistently state the system is corrupt, due to the oligarch’s influence over the legislative and electoral process… But that does not mean the government is in capable to do the people’s work.
We are not in Orban territory yet, as there is still a semi functioning government.

There is one party that seems to be ok with the current state of things, joined by a handful from the other party and the SCOTUS, and they fight every bill or regulation to try to reel in the oligarchs.

Liberal America needs a Trump second term. That would entertaining if the house become reupublican controlled.

Saying that i do hope that another common sense republican is elected. But part of me would like to see the liberal meltdown of Teump 2.

We do need to Make America Great Again. The world laughs at the One Horse Dog Face Pony Soldier administration.

Political platform of “cry more lib” ladies and gentlemen. Just perfect.

I like my comment but can’t follow your rebuttal.