The Forces of the Great Reset have used COVID to advance an Evil Agenda

An anti-American opinion… pure and simple and irrefutable.

Expected from certain sectors here.

1 Like

Why is it anti American?

Calling something a “business” does not fully, nor accurately, describe the essential heart of what Church is. All charities may be labeled a “business”. Are you advocating these businesses, which are at the heart charities, be taxed?

American Founding Fathers’ Principles; American Constitution.

Naaa… ain’t gonna bite on a nonsense question.

I don’t see how taxing churches infringes on those principles.

Separation of Church and State.

Glad to see the OPer is still using unimpeachable sources of the highest caliber.

The address of this particular source is a UPS Store.

Their “primary news sources” are pretty much Facebook and other social media pages of groups that agree with their political philosophy. Social media sourcing other social media as “news sources” = “stellar reporting”.

That always screams out “journalistic integrity” to me.

:rofl: :rofl:

As long as all religious institutions are taxed at the same rate, I don’t see how that’s an infringement.

It also puts Church under State control.

As I understand it, the government is prohibited from enforcing an official religion or favoring one religion over another. As long as every religion is treated the same, I don’t see how taxation puts them under the government’s “control.” Churches already have to apply for permits, meet fire codes, etc.

That’s right. The federal government cannot insist everyone follow a state religion. Church and government are separate, just like the US Government is separate from the English government. England cannot levy a tax on the US, the US cannot levy a tax on those in England. Let’s try this: Should Church, being separate from State, be able to levy a tithe on the State?

Yes…

Nothing in the constitution. The founding fathers made mistakes like slavery.

Secular organizations as well?
Some worship the material things of the earth, or humanity. They don’t all call it a religion but it has every characteristic of a religion.

They are not a sovereign state.

The difference between secular and Church is God. God is not to come under control of the State. One way to start a great war is for the State to declare its supremacy over God. That is one thing for which the faithful will not stand. Why should the State want to stir that wasp nest if it wants to be at least the second greatest loyalty of its people.

The Bill of Rights is considered a part of the Constitution.

It seems like the topic has veered, so I’ll play along. I think LBJ was the one who came up with the 501c tax exempt status while he was a senator back in the 50’s. I think he did it to keep the churches off the backs of politicians, and not complaining about corruption or bad bills, lest they lose their tax-exempt status.