The first casualty of war is truth

Are you invoking California exceptionalism?

Nope just noting how cute it is to compare the two. Totally the same.

Deaths in California from covid = more

Business losses due to covid in Cali = more.

Kids dead in Cali from covid or form mental issues due to covid lockdowns = more

It’s absolutely the same or something. We good?

Rationalizing oppression? Backwards?

Nope listing contrarian arguments in advance.

In both places there are abnormal situations. In both places, government has taken advantage of that fact to remove what were once considered freedoms.

There’s always an excuse.

1 Like

There ya go. Totally the same. They are taping looters to light poles because the cops don’t have better things to do like catching people Paiting red tags on top of roofs and marking buildings but that’s totally the same as a district attorneys using prog policies In prosecuting offenders

Identical even.

I think you’re confused, Ukraine is doing the taping, not California.

No i am not confused. I think you are putting forth arguments about a pandemic being the same thing as bombings though i don’t believe for a second you believe them to be the same.

My assumption is that all news is mainly propaganda.

If you only have one propaganda source, you may falsely believe it is really news.

2 Likes

Yeah ok. That’s why you cite RT. Totally.

A man who has one clock knows what time it is. A man who has two never knows.

If all you do is look at CNN/MSNBC, you know what the truth is.

Of course how many times have they been proven wrong?

Following any one source is wrong. Citing to russian state television ad evidence that we treat rioters the same as Russia treated its protestors is worse.

Extraordinary circumstances. Extraordinary powers.

Again they are taping them to light poles because their concerns are slightly more important than arresting a mask less Karen. I got your point. @Bill.in.PA half heartedly suggested we do the same in Cali. He didn’t say it because he was comparing loss of due process and rights but because that’s jokingly how he wants them punished.

You then compared the two situations. Okie dokie.

One situation:

Extraordinary circumstances. Extraordinary powers.

Right i got it. Already said i did.

Right. Good.

1 Like

We’re friends so…you’re welcome. :+1:

Apparently “defending freedom” in Ukraine does not include much concern about civil rights of alleged looters.

Ukrainians must have different cultural norms, so everything is cool. And I thought that the different culture exception did not apply to Europeans.

This is exactly why I’ve been such a cynic the last several years. The majority of folks all around us are no more savvy than the studio audience watching The Running Man.

3 Likes