The first casualty of war is truth

Disclaimer (1:15 in video): . . .I have to preface this. Because we are in a western nation that is supportive of Ukraine in this conflict, the vast majority of fake news that we see circulating is anti-Russian. So I will be debunking a lot of this type of information. However I have no doubt that similar fake news is circulating in Russia and in pro-Russian countries showing fake news that is disparaging of Ukrainians . . .

Highlights:
:20 ExampleFake videos show images from earlier conflicts or incidents that are mislabeled for events in Ukraine.
1:15 Disclaimer
1:45 Snake Island incident falsely claimed Ukrainian soldiers died in battle. In reality they were captured by the Russians.
2:35 Tank running over a car: The media falsely reported that a Russian tank intentionally ran over a car in Ukraine. The tank is really Ukrainian, and the tank driver lost control.
3:10 Video of father leaving his family: The report was a Ukrainian man leaving to fight the Russians. The video is really of a man in the rebel territories sending his family to Russia shortly before the star of the war.
3:40 Ghost of Kyiv used video game images for a fake dogfight over Ukraine.
5:45 A fake CNN account falsely claimed that a reporter had died in Ukraine with a debunk of the fake report.
9:30 Fake reports on Russian social media claim that the Russian military is rolling over Ukraine; images from earlier conflicts are reported as from Ukraine war.

I agree with that the first casualty of war is truth. In the era of social media and media narratives, any reports that fit the media’s party line ends up in news reports.

4 Likes

some say Russia didn’t even invade Ukraine.

1 Like

Are you making that claim? If not, post a link.

1 Like

We did not. Go cry at those who did

It was some obscure opinion piece from Canada.

I think Bullwinkle in Quebec (the french speaking province) got confused

2 Likes

This coordinated fake news that’s been so prevalent for years now, misinforming their listeners with so many half truths and lies, with so many among us believing them hook, line and sinker, the media…including social media…truly is an enemy of the people.

Thanks for dissecting this and laying it all out for everyone to see. The scary part is it’s representative of all the news “we” see.

2 Likes

I simple turn it off most of the time. Faux News should get cleaned up.

1 Like

The first casualty when war comes is truth"

• Hiram W. Johnson, senator for California.

2 Likes

how 'bout this guy… Russell Bonner Bentley III from Texas, who’s been in Ukraine for sometime now, making Russian propaganda videos.

2 Likes

Wow. That is bonkers.

2 Likes

Lots of propaganda floating around for sure.

The war in Donbas has attracted people from all over the world. Some are fighting on side of the rebels and some are on the side of the Ukrainian government forces.

Bentley introduced me to a number of those friends, many of whom were fellow foreign fighters. There was a Serbian sniper named Dejan “Deki” Beric, a boyish 43-year-old with floppy brown hair and the unsettling habit of fingering the Velcro on the handgun holster of his cargo pants while he spoke. He joined the fight in Ukraine in revenge, he said, for NATO’s 1999 bombing campaign in Yugoslavia and claimed that “every war in the world has been started by American journalists.” There was also Alexis Castillo, a 29-year-old Colombian-born Spaniard who had been involved in anti-fascist activism in his hometown of Murcia. “I’m doing more than I could do in Spain,” he said. And there was an eccentric 30-year-old Frenchman named François Mauld d’Aymée, who had traded his life running a tutoring company in London to spend three months in 2016 fighting alongside the Kurdish Peshmerga against ISIS in Iraq. Last year he showed up in Donetsk, where he landed a job as a teacher at a local university and as an opera singer. “I feel like Donetsk is more European than Europe,” Mauld d’Aymée gushed, before railing against the “globalists” and “Islamists” he believes are taking over France. (Though Bentley has plenty of friends in Ukraine, he seems to have fallen out of contact with his family. His sister, who declined an interview request, said she no longer speaks to her brother. He’d remained close to his brother until his sudden death from heart failure, in October 2015.)

1 Like

Still waiting on that information.

And most of it brought to you by the same people who brought us russian collusion nonsense for 4 years.

2 Likes

Google how does it work?

Every time I see Russian sympathizers like the OP on this board, I am briefly puzzled.

But then I am reminded of this data point…

…And it all makes sense.

4 Likes

I won’t have anyone bad mouthing the Snake Island thing.

The way that dude says, “This is it. Should I tell them to ■■■■ themselves?” and the woman says, “sure, just in case” they don’t know is all time great.

1 Like

Of course she did.

When you figure out how it works, be sure to include that Sweden information you have yet to provide to back your claims from a couple days ago on the list before this newest claim.

Backing up a claim, how does it work?

3 Likes

this isn’t a invasion, its a peacekeeping mission to remove the Nazi government of Ukraine.
that was straight out of Putin mouth.