The false notion that political ideology represents TRUTH

I recall on occasion different threads talking about in one form or another about the end of truth or something along those lines. The reality is though that all or virtually all political ideology more closely resembles theology than TRUTH.

If you disagree please tell me what political ideological view represents some indisputable truth? Let’s take the debate about the traditional family. Sure I can put forth an argument about how I believe it’s the best thing for a child but I have no doubt that a liberal arts professor in some university can put forth a counter argument that it’s false.

Am I wrong?

1 Like

You won’t find absolute truth in any media, political party , religion and not even science books.

Where can you find absolute truth? I don’t think you can.

Personally I think physics and mathematics are closest to absolute truths.

I should have said “indisputable truth.” For example that water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius at a specific pressure.

There is absolute truth in that you© exist, and that’s about it. :man_shrugging:

I don’t want this to be about the notion of absolute truth which is why I rephrased that.

1 Like

Absolute truth is like absolute anything.

Doesn’t exist in this world.

Allan

I think your entire premise is flawed.

Political ideologies aren’t about absolute truth, they are about identifying and solving problems.

I provided an example in the OP regarding the traditional family. Here for example is the position espoused by BLM:

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable”

That’s really not about solving a problem but espousing a different ideological viewpoint in opposition to those who preach more traditional values.

PS - I eliminated the word absolute from the OP.

Did you not see my response to this and my subsequent rephrasing of that?

That still doesn’t indicate truth, absolute or otherwise.

It posits a new, possibly better way to raise children.

Flawed premise.

…which is believed to be true by those who espouse it. If I were to argue that their position is ■■■■■■■■ am I not then arguing against is veracity? What is the point and/or reason to espouse a certain viewpoint if you don’t believe it is true?

Well now it seems that you are arguing that ideology is truth.

Which is weird, cuz you call it a false notion in your thread title.

Look, it’s a thread fail. Just admit you were just looking for a new way to air your grievance against the BLM notion of the traditional family and move along.

Let me ask you (or anyone) this. What is it we are constantly doing on this forum and why do we do it?

We fight the forces of darkness to deliver the country from evil.

Duh.

I strongly disagree

google definition:

In social studies, a political ideology is a certain set of ethical ideals, principles, doctrines, myths or symbols of a social movement, institution, class or large group that explains how society should work and offers some political and cultural blueprint for a certain social order.

I solved problems for a living. Political ideology never entered into the equation.

Or inventing and profiting from “problems”.

2 Likes

Okay. But nobody subscribes to political ideologies in a search for truth.

I disagree, see ya’ll are just manifestations of my subconscious mind at work creating a reality that acts as a framework for my perception.

You(c) believe that you(c) exist, with full lives and histories, but they are all an illusion of the matrix I have created and will cease to exist when I do.

WW

When one ascribes to a certain political ideology they presume that view is true. For another example, take the view that abortion is wrong. Do people believe that is true? Do you believe it’s true?

So you believe that conservatives are evil?