The Fairfax conundrum

Let the investigation begin. lets get her side under oath. same with him. Kavanaugh was granted that, we heard both sides and the senate made its judgement,

no conundrum. let the facts come out and let the chips fall as they may.

Allan

We need to implement the standards Democrats have been calling for.

“Not only do women like Dr. Ford, who bravely comes forward, need to be heard, but they need to be believed”

He’s very outcome-driven, he has an ideological agenda, and I can sit here and talk to you about some of the cases that exemplify his, in my view, inability to be fair.

In other words, Kavanaugh was less believable in her eyes because of what she assumed his political views were.

How many democrats forced Bill Clinton out of office?

Let’s have a rushed, one-week ‘investigation’, and then act like it never happened.

“Not only do women like Dr. Ford, who bravely comes forward, need to be heard, but they need to be believed”

I believe her. I also believe the Fairfax accusers. The Repubs thwarted any real fact finding when it came to Kavanaugh, so why not do the same with Fairfax?

It’s not a distraction to call for this dude’s resignation? I thought that would be the talking point.

Fairfax wants the fbi to investigate all of this… I will reserve my judgement until the findings come out

1 Like

But Kavanagh, he needs to step down! Ford must be believed! Amazing how people are reserving judgment now, but not for Kavanagh.

Show me proof i said this… Thanks

Because we have more integrity.

Why all the reserving judgment in this case but Kavanagh was guilty the second the accusation was made?

Many of his key supporters and the VA Democratic Party are asking him to step down. They aren’t lining up behind him or making websites about how ugly his accusers are. That’s what Integrity looks like.

I’m reserving judgement because whoever is serving is VA state government for the next few years has no bearing on me.

A lifetime US Supreme Court appointment is different. A full hearing and investigation happened there. Good. Then he went and acted like a petulant child at his hearing.

The con reaction to Kavanaugh == undying support.
The con reaction to Fairfax == why aren’t libs demanding his resignation like they did (and republicans didn’t) for Kavanaugh?

Those kind of consistent reactions?

It’s unclear to me.

Are you reserving judgement on the Fairfax case? Or are you where you think democrats should be, calling for his resignation?

What exactly is the Kavanaugh standard? The one where people say the accuser is credible but so is he so it’s fine?

I’m trying to figure out what’s the appropriate action here. Demand his resignation immediately like the democrats did with Kavanagh, or should I reserve judgment like democrats are calling for now?

I don’t recall many Republicans were agreeing that Kavanaugh abused any woman. There simply wasn’t the evidence.
And the way this was handled by the Democrats was pathetic.

It seems you’ve missed my point. Please try reading my post again.