The face of fascism

I’d call it thug violence, not a racially motivated government pogrom where over a 100 died and 30,000 were shipped off to concentration camps.

If you didn’t know that’s what Kristallnacht was…if all you thought of was broken glass…then that speaks to a very poor knowledge of history.

1 Like

Not this right winger. Unfortunately, Antifa doesn’t like to leave their comfort zone of the liberal cities. No sign of them out here in the conservative burbs. They should take the fight to the enemy. But sadly, they won’t :pensive:

1 Like

Such a horrible ignorant thing to say. a normal weekday though

Whenever I think of Antifa, it reminds me of the Reichstag Fire…

1 Like

I’ll ask again.

What would be a better description of Antifa thug violence? What description would you use?

Nothing nazi related thats for sure

Then you’re breaking from the democratic party. Do you know how many times Trump has been compared to Hitler? Is almost an obsession. They can’t help themselves.

1 Like

The only one making nazi comparison here is you

At no point did I use the term Nazi. You made that up and owe me an apology. I have never, ever called anyone a Nazi. Not here, not anywhere.

1 Like

Kristallnacht was about a lot more than smashing windows. You seriously think Kristallnacht was similar to a few broken Starbucks and student union windows? That’s a pretty ■■■■■■ up opinion.

“vandalism”

did you not compare ANTIFA action to Kristallnacht in this thread?

I’m okay with that. It’s certainly better than “a political protest.”

1 Like

From what I’ve seen on the news, they’re getting beat up.

You know what I said. I know what you said. And you know the context as well. Playing “gotcha” really bores the hell out of me. Is that really what you want to do with your time here?

Fascist tactics are being used. Covering your face, wearing all black while vandalizing is meant to intimidate people who think differently. This is a fascist tactic. Trying to shut down free expression on campus is a fascists tactic. Dehumanizing your political rivals by calling them a mob or a cult is a fascist tactic. Physically attacking your opponent when they emerge from a rally is a fascist tactic. And of course trying to kill people who are registering people to vote is a fascist tactic. Randomly killing police who represent laws that you don’t like. Ditto.

1 Like

I answered you.

If it exists in more than one place, it is likely more prevalent in one of them.

Congratulations. Now I’m answering you.

Fascist tactics are being used. Covering your face, wearing all black while vandalizing is meant to intimidate people who think differently. This is a fascist tactic. Trying to shut down free expression on campus is a fascists tactic. Dehumanizing your political rivals by calling them a mob or a cult is a fascist tactic. Physically attacking your opponents when they emerge from a rally is a fascist tactic. And of course trying to kill people who are registering people to vote is a fascist tactic. Randomly killing police who represent laws that you don’t like. Ditto.

Kristallnacht is a very singular event, fraught with meaning.

If you don’t know that, then you have a real lack of depth in knowledge of history.

You use that phrase…you’re calling up a very specific image.

One doesn’t contradict the other. You can have vandalism as a form of political protest.