The Europeans forgave themselves. So should we

People who lived under Jim Crow are still here; go convince them that slavery and it’s subsequent racism is a “healed wound”… :roll_eyes:

The emancipation may have occurred in 1863 but it took another 100 years for the CRA to exist.

And let’s not overlook all the slack jaws who are still arguing about the Civil War and proudly flying Conferderate flags.

I’m sure a LIVING grandparent who had to obey “colored” signs would be thrilled to hear how they need to “get over it”.

White republicans decided they should… sooo

1 Like

So? Are the slack jaws oppressing anyone from their trailers? Being free does not mean that everyone must be forced to like you. Freedom means that some people are free to be jackasses. Are any of your black friends being oppressed? If so, by whom? Do you or any of your friends try to oppress blacks? Time to stop wallowing folks.

So the current generation of Lost Causers aren’t wallowing?

1 Like

Then wallow in it. Look what the French have done to their slave descendants in Haiti. It’s far worse than anything experienced here in over a century. Yet the French have dropped their guilt and moved on. No wallowing.

So what do you want everyone to do?

This reminds of a post a great conservative poster made on the old board.

“The issue with race relations in America is that black people dwell too much on the past while white people act like nothing ever happened.”

Why do you care so much about this? You make a thread about this subject every month or so.

Again, I am irrelevant. So are you. African Americans can “wallow” as long as they want, that’s how it goes. Only time heals wounds, and Jim Crow is still within recent memory.

But as I said, you telling them to “get over it” is a bit ripe considering generations that were abused up and through Jim Crow are still around…

Probably because they think it will be better here than it is where they are. Maybe it’s better here because we actually work to make opportunities available for everyone instead of pretending like slavery didn’t happen.

Gosh I sure do wonder.

They have gotten over it.

It’s not black people doing it.

Admit it, the only reason to accuse the left of ‘‘wallowing’’ in it is because come the next election they will be pointing out how the right, in the 21st century, is running for president a man, who’s father he idolized and was a hooded wearing KKK klan man.

Your opinion is irrelevant as well.

It’s not an opinion.

You white liberal males are much more outraged on their behalf than they are. And not just about this. About everything.

1 Like

They aren’t masochists. It isn’t their guilt.

Ok. I stand corrected; it is irrelevant AND wrong.

If you are interested in the topic. Then by all means reply to it. If you are not, then don’t. I do not owe anyone an explanation of what drives my thoughts. I hope you will respect this reply.

You’ve already been corrected.

The perpetual outrage on someone else’s behalf is pathetic. Those who have the least to complain about in history complain non-stop.

Nobody needs or wants your help.