The Elder Experiment

What’s the same voter in that poll? Every “exit.poll” that I’ve seen on the local news has the Yes ahead

I’m confused. How can you have exit polls if election hasn’t yet happened ?

1 Like

And its entirely anecdotal but the “Yes” voters I personally know are a lot more motivated. I have friends on both sides of the aisle that don’t lIke him. I’m actually not a fan either but I also didn’t see 1 candidate Iiked better

It’s 100% mail-in. Of the people polled that indicated they already voted the “Yes” motion is leading.

1 Like

There was a lead in enthusiasm by yes voters, but no voters are becoming more motivated as they become aware of the recall.

He won’t be re-called…the state will see too it.

9 Likes

I guess it’s possible then

All register voters got mailed a ballot, but you do have the option to go to your local polling place on election day and drop it off. Just as in the general last year, there will probably be a higher percentage of reps than dems voting on election day.

The key is what Democrats vote. If the trend of the Bay having the highest rate of voting sticks (1st I heard of that) then yes he stays.

Well, apparently they really like the way Newsome runs the state, so let them keep him.

1 Like

I don’t. But I also don’t think a recall is a smart move this close to gubernatorial primaries. I’d rather see Republicans put their effort and money behind that.

Why didn’t the state see to it that there was no recall election in the first place?

I also live in San Diego which is heavily Republican so my news isn’t exactly the same as the rest of the state. The article linked earlier was the first I saw about the Bay having the highest rate of return. He’s strong there

Caught em by surprise. Now they had months of planing.

They may think going the regular election route is a lost cause and the “recall Newsome” technique is enough to get Elder’s foot in the door. It’s got to be frustrating as hell for conservatives in that state.

The petition to recall Newsom was filed in February of last year. The state even extended the deadline to get the required number of signatures. They had plenty of opportunity to shut it down if that was their plan.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is why they couldn’t come up with a better candidate?.I understand why there weren’t any credible Democrats to challenge Newsom but the Republicans don’t have an excuse

I don’t think he will be recalled. If Elder was elected he wouldn’t be able to fo anything with such high majorities for the Dems.

exactly

as VP of Engineering at Dominion said “Don’t worry about the election, Trump’s not gonna win. I made ■■■■■■■ sure of that!”

If Newsom stays it can only be because of tampering? Not because of a get out the vote effort?