The Elder Experiment

Caught em by surprise. Now they had months of planing.

They may think going the regular election route is a lost cause and the “recall Newsome” technique is enough to get Elder’s foot in the door. It’s got to be frustrating as hell for conservatives in that state.

The petition to recall Newsom was filed in February of last year. The state even extended the deadline to get the required number of signatures. They had plenty of opportunity to shut it down if that was their plan.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is why they couldn’t come up with a better candidate?.I understand why there weren’t any credible Democrats to challenge Newsom but the Republicans don’t have an excuse

I don’t think he will be recalled. If Elder was elected he wouldn’t be able to fo anything with such high majorities for the Dems.

exactly

as VP of Engineering at Dominion said “Don’t worry about the election, Trump’s not gonna win. I made ■■■■■■■ sure of that!”

If Newsom stays it can only be because of tampering? Not because of a get out the vote effort?

I have not been following this. Is he actually leading in the polls?

Seems unlikely to me: Latest Polls Of The California Recall Election | FiveThirtyEight

The thing that boggles my mind is that the Newsome campaign and CA DNC are pushing not answering anything on question 2 which just seems dumb to me.

Apparently the polls vary a lot more than I thought. Its ahead in some, behind in others.

yeah…

that didn’t happen.

Same here. But to be fair a lot of the Democrats running are pretty out there. The only one whose reason for running(and platform) I agree with I would never vote for. She doesn’t have the experience to run the 5th largest economy in the world

throwing cold water on that one too huh

All the polls are saying keep.

I think newsroom stays as governor.

Allan

Some of the candidate statements are pretty amusing: file:///C:/Users/abailey/AppData/Local/Temp/complete-vig.pdf

Dan Kapelovitz (green): “Can you dig it?”
Adam Papagan (no party): “Love U”

Yeah it does look like the momentum is changing quickly. My fault for not double checking KUSI

FiveThurtyEight has it a 8.4% margin that he stays.

Oltmann has not provided any evidence that Eric Coomer said it on an “Antifa” phone call. We shall see how the defamation lawsuit pans out.

“absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”

—carl sagan

You hope Elder wins? It would be catastrophic.