The Democrats Want to "Deprogram" Trump Voters?

Could you name a lie?

I’m talking about pretty basic stuff like “The election was stolen and trump won in a landslide.”

If we need an arbitor of such basic truths, we’re truly sunk.

You guys believed in Russian collusion for 3 years and a still have not figured out you were fooled.

6 Likes

Does White Supremicists = Trump Supporter?

Also deprogramming != “re-education” camps.

First lesson in hwyflier’s depogramming beta program: Just because the OP said it doesn’t make it true.

Second lesson. Starting a statement to an individual with “you guys” is dumb. Even more so if you’re claiming to represent the party of individualism.

We would be even more sunk if government was somehow granted the power or ability to shut people up based on the governments assertion something isn’t true.

1 Like

According to AOC? Yes.

1 Like

She is calling for deproframing white supremicists, not trump voter.

What do you call someone who knowingly supports a white supremacist?

from MSN

“A lot of people have drank the poison of white supremacy, and that’s what Donald Trump represents,” Ocasio-Cortez said to her over 8 million Instagram followers. “Just is, and if, at this point, you haven’t recognized that and you don’t see it, maybe you have a lot of work to do, too.”

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact that she is not calling to deprogram trump voters. She is calling to deprogram white supremacists. She also happens to think many of them support trump, but she is clearly not calling to deprogram all trump voters.

Deprogram? How does that work? What’s the process?

I’m imagining North Korean political camps.

The election result was fraudulent and I win in a landslide.

Allan

…why?

How else do you deprogram people for / because of political beliefs? North Koreans seem quite good at that.

1 Like

someone was watching Fox News this morning.

Odd, that’s the only thing you can think of after 4 years. And of course he did win. Major landslide. That’s why they would not recount and check ballots.

Ok first, the “for / because of political beliefs” isn’t the suggestion.

So part of the deprogramming here is going to be getting you to understand that you just used your imagination twice, once for the “north korean camps” and once for the suggestion no one made.

One could even suggest that your brain immediately making you think the worst things like that could be the result of programming

Deprogramming can be a lot of things, we’ve seen some of the techniques for years on this forum; anytime you’ve seen someone who clearly doesn’t know what they are talking about getting the Socratic method from someone who does.

That simple huh? Is being against affirmative action a political or a racist stance? Wanting less immigration, legal and illegal? Racist or political? Prison reform? Drug legalization? Police reform?

1 Like

Why go to this exaggeration?

I read the same article you did. I’ve also long been interested in how to pull people out of the conspiracy worm hole. At no time did I suddenly imagine what you did.

No, the suggestion is nothing close to that. Being on the other side of one of the political wedge issues we all know and love is not going to cause you to end up in a camp.