The democratic agenda?

Could you cite me a single congressman who claims that their current insurance plan will be abandoned in favor of medicare? Maybe somebody should just come right out and ask her? I think that would be a great idea. Leave no room for speculation. Agreed?

How about 80.7% of the state of California’s energy use in a single day being provided by clean energy?

The Golden State has soaked up enough rays to generate 67.2 per cent of its energy from [renewable sources] last month, smashing previous records.

When combining California’s largest grid with hydropower facilities, renewable energy rose even further to 80.7 per cent of total energy generation on 13 May.

Not exactly. Does the green new deal include tax increases, energy rate hikes, punishment for fossil fuel usage or income redistribution? As I said. “Progress without punishments.” Again, we should not be experimenting nationally. Try it on a smaller scale to see if it is viable. California is free to have it’s own new green deal. They don’t need the feds. What is stopping them?

California is already committed to being 100% reliant on clean energy.

This is nothing new. Most of that energy comes from sources such as the Hoover Dam.

Who cares what they campaign on as long as they win…

Using “campaign devices” to win is prefectly acceptable…

Anything that causes a republican to lose an election is completely acceptable in the post trump world…

If we have learned anything from trump its to lie as much as possible, then lie some more and when called on it tell even bigger lies while calling the truth fake news…

1 Like

No… just like tax cuts and deregulation …the new green deal with completely pay for itself… it will generate 5%+ GDP with in two years…and make everyone completely happy…

1 Like

Cool. And if they do it without rate hikes, without tax increases, without income redistribution then I am all for it. But don’t punish people for using the only energy source available to them. We don’t need to send American money to Bangladesh to fight global warming. We don’t need to tax gasoline or coal to combat global warming either. We just need a viable replacement.

Seriously, do some research before giving erroneous information, it just takes a few seconds to get the answer.

California’s non CO2 emitting electric generation categories (nuclear, large hydroelectric, and renewable generation) accounted for more than 56 percent of total in-state generation for 2017

If it was the only source available to them we wouldn’t be having this conversation

That is like putting a bandaid on a compact fracture. This is the real story, and until the world figures out what to do with China, India, and host of other nations a few towns on renewable energy might make people feel good, but does nothing to address global warming. If anything Trump on pure accident by slowing the China economy down has done more for global warming than the Paris accord.

China’s carbon emissions are on track to rise at their fastest pace in more than seven years during 2018, casting further doubt on the ability of the Paris climate change agreement to curb dangerous greenhouse gas increases, according to a Greenpeace analysis based on Beijing’s own data.

Carbon emissions in the country, the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases, rose 4 per cent in the first quarter of this year, according to calculations by the environmental group based on Chinese government statistics covering coal, cement, oil and gas. If that pace continues it would be the fastest increase since 2011.

I didn’t give any information. I offered an opinion. So seriously learn the difference.

How exactly are we being punished?

It is for me. I have no access to solar energy at this time and my car uses gasoline. Give me something as cheap an effective as coal, and I will take it. Give me something as cheap and effective as gasoline and I will use it.

We are not. At least not in my state. And we should keep it that way. In France, they are rioting due to the punishment they are receiving. If you can convert me without my rates going up and it is Just as reliable as fossil fuels, then by all means, do it.

Good point. Let’s just use Trump’s own words, only replace him in the claims with the word “Democrats.”

Democrats alone can fix it all. They will give us everything. They’re the only ones.

Thats all dems have to do… and nothing repubs can do about it…

Anytime a repub tries to call a dem out on their lies all the dem has to do is hold up a picture of trump…

The people of France don’t know that the government can spend whatever it wants and they don’t need to pay for it. They should take a page from Trump. Lower taxes. Cut nothing. They’ll all be nice and happy.

Are you unaware that Congresspersons are required to purchase their medical insurance in the ACA marketplace? There is zero reason to believe if we had Medicare for all system, they wouldn’t also be required to have the same.

When you turn 65, will you be able to afford to self insure both you and your spouse so you won’t have to have the dreaded Medicare everyone over the age of 65 has?

You keep them commie hands off my gubmint funded health care!