The delay of the 20 dollar bill

Trump IS a bigot, HOWEVER, the idea of booting Jackson to the back of the $20 just to put Tubman on the front is idiotic.

No need to mess with the currency. Just causes problems unnecessarily.

No he isn’t.

I honestly believe left to his own devices, Trump DOES NOT hate Obama. He has simply learned the value of seeming to hate Obama to please his brainless racist base.

1 Like

Too bad she wasn’t gay too.

Hey, what are the chances Trump says something like "Why should we put Tubman on the 20? I haven’t heard about her doing anything lately. Haven’t seen her on “Access Hollywood”!

“That Tubman lady… she was tough…I like tough. She drove a train! A train! I wonder what she is up to?”

3 Likes

The same people saying boo hoo or big deal are the same ones gluteus maximus hurt over Confederate statutes getting removed. Heaven forbid some negro is put on our Christian money.

3 Likes

The OP’s article on this subject said; President Donald Trump is known to be an admirer of Jackson and hung a portrait of him in the Oval Office. During his campaign, he said the movement to replace Jackson with Tubman was “pure political correctness.”

Aka I don’t want to be responsible for putting a black slave woman on money

A debit card can have pretty much what ever picture one wants on it when it’s made (provided your bank isn’t garbage). I say let the people who still use paper money have their feel-goods until they realize that paper money is stupid.

No.

Her being put on the $20 was the same reason companies based in California could now face fines if they don’t have anywhere from 1 to 3 woman on their board of directors.

Political correctness run amok

The law, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown on Sunday, requires public companies whose principal executive offices are located in California to comply by the end of 2019. The minimum is two female directors if the company has five directors on its board, or three women if it has seven directors by the close of 2021.

“Such confusion and ambiguity will only lead to costly fines as proposed under the bill and potential litigation,” the business groups complained. Companies that don’t comply with the law will be fined $100,000; subsequent violations will draw a $300,000 fine.

California specifically stating that even if a woman applicant isn’t qualified they should be on the board or we will fine you.

So much for no discrimination based on sex.

Forgot the link: California Becomes 1st State To Require Women On Corporate Boards : NPR

If you don’t get what you want, the reason is racism…and I’m a Nazi…amirite? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You cited a state law to defend this federal idea.

She isn’t on the bill because Trumps base wouldn’t like it, and neither does Trump.

Trump is a racist… never said you were. I would not expect Trump to let this happen under his watch. He doesn’t want a black slave women’s face printed on his God (money).

There are many people of color who 110% disagree with you.

1 Like

How many exactly?

Shall we start with Dr. Carson?

Nope.

Obama choosing that pic for the 20 and california’s law are the same thing. Political correctness rum Amok

We all know Trump doesn’t want a negro on good Christian currency

What is politically correct about putting a black woman on the $20?

This argument is pretty lame because the same could be made for keeping the imagery the same. It’s saying nothing.