The cry in Hollywood: Where is John Wilkes Booth when we need him?

Who the ■■■■ is James Hodgkinson, or Farzad Fazeli?

The tactic of painting all people who think that the President or the GOP are not good for the country as violent is hilarious.

We never needed JWB.

Typical demagoguery of the left, I did not paint all people as anything.

Those peoples names I cited were nobodies, until they assaulted some political figure. The accumulated weight of peoples words most certainly can inspire someone else to act out in violence.

Is it really so difficult for you to admit that violent rhetoric is not healthy? That the combined din of over the top rhetoric can, and has, pushed some people over the top, and inspired them to commit violence?

You are right. Violent rhetoric is not healthy.

I don’t support anyone who spouts it no matter who they are.

If I had the ability to vote against Maxine Waters, for various reasons, I would.

Got more than one example of someone wishing such harm on the president? You are clearly implying that this is a widespread sentiment so you must have a plethora of examples.

Right?

That’s all I’m asking for, is that public figures refrain from espousing violent rhetoric against the president, and other public figures.

Our presidents, and politicians, have enough death threats made against them, without public figures, politicians and public figures adding to the hateful rhetoric.

I would then ask for the President to also refrain from violent rhetoric.

Speaking of violence is not useful… even in veiled dog whistles.

You cannot be for real. You really do not remember violence committed by democrats in 2016?

Why did mobs of people run thru the streets of Oakland, assaulting Trump supporters?

What motivates people like this woman, to call for killing Trump supporters? Could it be the over the top rhetoric by public figures, politicians or the news media has pushed people like her over the edge?

Just Google anti-trump riots and violence. Or you could put a bag over your head and pretend none of that ever happened, and there is no cause for people to be concerned.

You’d need to cite what you mean by violent rhetoric by Trump.

Almost the entire Trump campaign.

The violence you cite was roundly criticized by most democrats, no bag needed. Antifa et. al. is the extreme wing of the left just as Stormfront et. al. are the extreme wing of the right.

Besides John’s Wilkes Booth hiding out at the Surratt’s House down in Clinton, what the hell does this have to do with MD?

Rather be a Marylander than living in Pennsylvania, Bill from PA

The republican leadership denounce and condemn the white nationalists, they have no place in the Party. It’s rare to hear a democrat in leadership condemn the anarchist wing of their Party.

Remember the way the mainstream media and elected Democrats criticized Trump because he dared to cite guilt on both sides for violence in Charlotte, NC?

Trump: “You had a group on one side that was bad and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent”

The dems gave Trump hell for saying that. The Democrat leadership would here none of it. and so the antifa thugs and others, tore down statue after statue and I don’t remember hearing a peep from the elected democrat leadership.

Why was it so difficult for the democrats to agree with Trump on this point?

Why do Democrats like Chris Cuomo say it’s “wrong to create a moral equivalency” between white supremacists and anarchists like Antifa?

They are about morally equivalent in my opinion. The democrats gave Trump hell for saying there were good people on both sides, not for what you quoted.

There were good people on both sides. Just because the neo-nazi and antifa thugs showed up, does not mean there was no one else was there with a completely different agenda.

There were groups who actually had permission to assemble to try and preserve historical monuments, and others who assembled peacefully, wishing to see the statues removed.

I don’t think it really matter what Trump says, or doesn’t say, the haters will find a way to distort his words to justify opposing him.

I don’t have to imagine it.

Were you sleeping for the last decade?

1 Like

Why would anyone with a “completely different agenda” go to an explicitly white nationalist rally?

I don’t know about you, but if I’m at a rally and see the guy in front of me carrying a Nazi flag, thats my cue to leave.

A wealthy businessman, Carl Paladino, who co-chaired president-Elect Donald Trump’s state campaign confirmed to The Associated Press on Friday that he told an alternative newspaper he hoped President Barack Obama would die from mad cow disease and that the first lady would “return to being a male.”

Actress Shannon Richardson, who has appeared in “The Vampire Diaries” and “The Walking Dead,” was sentenced to 18 years in prison in 2014 for attempting to poison Barack Obama. According to CNN, Richardson mailed ricin-laced letters to Obama and several other politicians, because she was displeased with their stances on gun control.