The cost of Illegal Immigration that rarely gets discussed

Watching a story this morning about a grieving mother discussing the death of her son at the hand of illegals I thought, “I wish there were an actual database of all similar incidents?”.

There isn’t of course, at least not that I can find but I did come across one site that has a partial list of thousands of US citizens killed by Illegals since 2002.

We hear endless excuses about how these illegals should be allowed to stay but this alone is reason enough to deport every single one of them and secure the borders in such a way as to minimize the number that in the future are able to reach the US.

http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

1 Like

The open borders crowd must see our citizens as collateral damage which is disgusting.

1 citizen murdered by illegals is 1 too many.

2 Likes

Those who were in authority of enforcing our immigration laws over the past 4 decades and did not do so are complicit in these murders.

1 Like

Illegals crime isn’t a problem here in jersey.

It simply isn’t.

Allan

You sound just like the anti-gun crowd.

“The pro-gun crown must see our citizens as collateral damage which is disgusting’

1 citizen murdered by a gun is 1 too many.”

Both extreme arguments are absurd. We will never get anywhere in this discussion and in finding a real solution to this real issue when the issue is muddled by the extremes.

5 Likes

Odd timing of starting this thread… Did you happen to be watching the news this weekend?

I recall seeing a study that examined the crime rate of illegals. Turns out they commit crimes at a lower rate than our legal population.

It is in other places.

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, California among others have large illegal populations.

The first report (GAO-05-337R) found that criminal aliens (both legal and illegal) make up 27 percent of all federal prisoners. Yet according to the Center for Immigration Studies, non-citizens are only about nine percent of the nation’s adult population. Thus, judging by the numbers in federal prisons alone, non-citizens commit federal crimes at three times the rate of citizens.

The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that “entered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.” Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

2 Likes

Dude! I thought you were concerned about illegal immigrants? Why are you limping in legal immigrants in with your 27% statistic? Do you also hate legal immigrants?

Also, that’s only federal prison.

What the article was pointing out is that the statistic that’s being quoted includes legal immigrants. When they are removed from the population of illegal immigrants, the statistics regarding reported crimes changes drastically and exceeds native born Americans. I was only attempting to bring you into reality.

1 Like

Ok, then show this to be the case. You say it but then don’t show it.

I thought I had a post here but I guess I didn’t.

There is no evidence that illegal immigration increases the rate of crime in the United States.[23] There is scholarly consensus that illegal immigrants commit less crime than natives.[24][25] Sanctuary cities – which adopt policies designed to not prosecute people solely for being in the country illegally – have no statistically meaningful impact on crime.[26] Research suggests that immigration enforcement has no impact on crime rates.

If we can judge crimes committed by a group of people as an “unseen cost” committed by the group (despite the fact they do so at a lower rate), then clearly, how can we tolerate the “cost” of the Crimes that Trump Supporters commit?

The article was very clear and I posted a portion that supported what I just said.

The findings in the second report (GAO-05-646R) are even more disturbing. This report looked at the criminal histories of 55,322 aliens that “entered the country illegally and were still illegally in the country at the time of their incarceration in federal or state prison or local jail during fiscal year 2003.” Those 55,322 illegal aliens had been arrested 459,614 times, an average of 8.3 arrests per illegal alien, and had committed almost 700,000 criminal offenses, an average of roughly 12.7 offenses per illegal alien.

Out of all of the arrests, 12 percent were for violent crimes such as murder, robbery, assault and sex-related crimes; 15 percent were for burglary, larceny, theft and property damage; 24 percent were for drug offenses; and the remaining offenses were for DUI, fraud, forgery, counterfeiting, weapons, immigration, and obstruction of justice

So crimes like illegal entry and other immigration crimes are included in the total… that’s pretty convenient if one wanted to manipulate the data… It’s almost like immigration crimes are federal crimes exclusively…

As I read WR post what you said came to mind and I agree 100%.

Both arguments are extreme and do nothing to further the debate over two very critical issues facing our nation.

1 Like

Time for the D to start dealing on DACA and the Wall.

The VOTERS are demanding it.

Crime is crime. Ignorance of the law is never an excuse…Unless your name is Clinton.

LOL, Not saying there is no illegals crime in Jersey Just low illegals crime.

Allan

LMAO… The Heritage Foundation should have gone all in and declared that 100% of illegal aliens are criminals but then that would have raised some eyebrows…