The Censorship of Andrew Tate

Always. If the unworthy aren’t free, no one is.

2 Likes

That’s a great point a lot of people don’t get.

1 Like

I agree.

That doesn’t mean we have to defend him.

Deleting his accounts was going to far. I get why they did it. But it went to far.

But I won’t defend him.

1 Like

Mmmmm.

Maybe they do. I don’t see why. But that’s their choice.

He is censored from YouTube which requires a lot of effort.

Surely he has a home on Truth Social, or perhaps even the humble boards here.

Indeed. I’ve watched a few clips of him. Seems to me the women are using him at least as much as he’s using them.

As long as he follows the rules.

1 Like

I would have to compromise on some sincere principles to defend Andrew Tate.

I get the aspect of free speech. Social media is the new public square. People should be free to say whatever they want to say on it. Everyone has the ability to ignore it. And I firmly believe in free speech.

But I also believe that I don’t have to defend someone like that because he has been deplatformed. To do so would eat into my own principles about both men and women.

Basically he disgusts me. But you are right that he has every right to say what ever is own his mind and he shouldn’t be canceled over it.

I just won’t actively defend him. It’s an immovable object meets an unstoppable force situation for me.

Interesting dilemma.

Who is “defending” him?

The internet is the public square, not the sites, each site has its rules for their playground

1 Like

Facebook and Twitter have both become all consuming entities. They are used by literally billions of people worldwide every day.

To me, at this point, they have become part of the commons just as much as the town square.

1 Like

That’s due to their popularity, they built it

There is a street called the internet, build your site attract your audience

1 Like

I don’t know that I agree with that in practice. There are cartels.

In digital and the real world of course, disruption is hard

If a private platform doesn’t want garbage on their platforms, I have no problems with that.

Andrew Tate is not a poster boy for censorship.

I don’t know what that means.

But they do have garbage on their platforms. All of them.

Why not?