The Cancel Culture Will Destroy Us All

Did this make sense when you typed it?

Makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

no. its because they are ignorant of the multiple history lessons that could inform them of the outcome.

If they understood what WILL happen, they would not be OK with it.

2 Likes

They wont tear down Yale… no more than they will tear down the statue of KKK Robert Byrd. The riots have nothing to do with slavery and oppression of black people. BLM is a mercenary force bought with trinkets and EBT cards.

5 Likes

Saying you are not watching something because of a political stance they took is exactly cancel culture.

Refusing to watch the NFL because a player knelt in a political statement that you disagree with is the exact same cancel culture as refusing to buy a chicken sandwich because you don’t agree with the views of the CEO

No. Getting it taken off the air so nobody can watch it is cancel culture. You not going to Shapiro talk is not the same thing as you not allowing him to speak.

True.

2 Likes

…“and all the world wondered after the beast.”

It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better…

Getting it taken off the air how? Threatening not to watch because a thing happened you didn’t like. You know, the part you just called “true.” Aka-part of cancel culture.

I don’t have another checkmate gif on me, but checkmate nonetheless.

Trump is ringleader on one side of the cancel culture war right now. Seems amazing to not want to recognize his contributions.

By extortion. I think speakers on campus is a better example.

No, it isn’t part of cancel culture. Me refusing to participate is not the same as not allowing you to participate.

4 Likes

It’s not about the result, but rather the attempt/effort.

What?

I think cancel culture is more of a loud piece phenomenon. Twitter gives groups a loud piece and really allows the mob mentality. I am curious what effect that has. By this I mean, It sort of gives things an amplification affect that is almost not legit…

Dixie Chicks got ran off country radio.

They won’t even play Sturgil Simpson, and he’s a veteran.

Bubba Wallace got a noose in his nascar garage yesterday.

Heaven forbid someone mention Kapernick.

And should we even get into the list of former Trumpster heroes turned villians at the drop of a tweet?

But sure, sure I totally believe yall are upset about…actually I don’t even know which specific celebrity you’re upset out. Cosby?

1 Like

What do you think cancel culture actually is, @WuWei?

" Cancel culture refers to the popular practice of withdrawing support for ( canceling ) public figures and companies after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive. Cancel culture is generally discussed as being performed on social media in the form of group shaming."

First they came for Kevin Spacey, but I did not speak up, for I am not Kevin Spacey.
Then they came for R. Kelly, but I did not speak up, for I am not R. Kelly.
Then they came for Bill Cosby, but I did not speak up, for I am not Mr. Huxtable.
Well then it turned out not enough people ever came for these types in the first place.
So they just kept raping people.
Then finally they came again. And I cheered 'cause ■■■■ those guys.

I didn’t think that was all of it. I was wrong.

I still see a difference in my individual refusal to watch something and an active collective campaign to get it removed where nobody can watch it.

I’ll accept the correction and thank you for it.

1 Like

I think at least the argument could be made for a person who simply silently decides to no longer buy a sandwich from Chick-fil-A because of their personal distaste of the CEO’s views. But can we both agree that a sitting president who uses his platform against an athlete whose message he disagrees with is actively participating in cancel culture, and that using that as an example is not, say, an example of a derangement syndrome? Or…

How’s everybody’s Keurig holding up?

Oh that’s right republicans had to smash theirs.

I don’t know that I do.