The "cancel culture" eats its own

Like J.K.Rowling made millions off an entire generation and really was at the forefront of clearing out acceptance for gay characters.

Then she comes out as trans-exclusionary and a good portion of that fanbase doesn’t like that and stops buying her stuff.

Capitalism.

Speaking from experience… it depends on the show.

Most I ever put in in a week was 120 hours when I worked at the Barter Theater in VA.

That week sucked.

Oh I know. But I do know that when tech week rolls around for most shows, I’m basically going to be a bachelor for awhile.

President Trump called for NFL players to be fired for kneeling.

And eventually Colin Kaepernick was was drummed out of the NFL and it sure looked like collusion to keep him out.

Not that he was an awesome QB but he did lead a team to the Super Bowl, and there were a lot of teams who started some pretty dodgy QBs (I know…my Steelers were one of them) when he was available.

That’s not simply “boycotting”.

You© would love Aristophanes’ Ecclesiazusae. Your© funny bone would kowtow to the scatological humor … until you realized that it was an ancient 2400 year old view of the social policies being advocated by the left… policies that the left thinks are in some way “new”. And one can even see your© squad, led by AOC herself, as the main characters.

Now THAT’S highbrow, buddy… watching the ancient greeks literally ■■■■ on your© plans for a new tomorrow. :rofl:

That would be a good take on a production of that.

Right before everything shut down I saw a production of Medea that was done as a true crime podcast.

Worked better than it should have.

Yes that is one way to look at that play.

It’s still funny as hell.

It’s on the tv. A lot of people watched it. A LOT. Like, more than attended the Tulsa rally.

But yeah watching musicals is so, ya know. I mean only total wimps are In broadway musicals. Like Clint Eastwood.

Oh wow somebody took a Classics course in college. I’m really impressed.

Hah. Not me. My social studies sequences were in philosophy and psychology. But you can be impressed anyhow.

Uh huh.

Probably Googled and copied someone who took a Classics course in college.

1 Like

Did you?

You know that for a fact?

I’ll edit it to “probably”.

Why do you need to get personal at all?

This may be hard for some to understand, but… you flatter me with your disbelief.

No. So?

Alright, I’m going to give you this one. I really didn’t think you came up with that on your own. My mistake. Sorry.

1 Like

Then how would you know? Are you one of those guys who makes fun of people for educating themselves? What courses did you take in college?

It’s actually an excellent reference.