The Blue wave poll of battleground house districts: oh let it be true 10-10-2018

You are saying that the oversight committee never releases information that the FBI has released to them concerning what the FBI is doing? I find that hard to believe.

The presence of an ongoing investigation?

No.

Unless they’re the Clintons and especially if it’s going to help them win the election.

The oversight committee can’t discuss publicly whether there is an ongoing investigation of a particular matter? I am very surprised. Can you support that concept?

I never said anything about can’t.

I said they don’t.

Just don’t whine when this comes back to bite you.

As midterms loom, I like to ask myself important questions, such as “What is good for America?”

Then I ask myself more important questions, like “What is good for Democrats?”

So far, Republicans being in charge of every branch of government has been–in a long-term, beer in hand, gazing longingly at the horizon kind of sense–very good for Democrats.

Getting the House would be nice, but the odds of getting the Senate are poor.

It is not enough of a victory, and it might hurt the long-term image of Democrats.

It’s good that you noticed…:sunglasses:

Election Betting has the odds currently at 82-17 the Senate stays Republican, and 67-33 the House goes Dem.

The latter should be sobering to those that want the House to flip. Statistically speaking, 33% odds of the House staying in GOP hands means we shouldn’t be surprised if the House stays in GOP hands.

1 Like

If you were a stronger believer in Nate Silver’s conclusions, then you’d stay away from the Senate betting and drop heavy money on the Democrats taking the house. Two to one is looking irresistible at this point.

The odds aren’t McGregor-Mayweather sweet, but they’re definitely off.

The easy 8 flipping blue.

PA 5, 6, 7 and 17

CA 49

NJ 2

IA 1

AZ 2

Nancy pelosi’s gratitude is extended to the PA supremes.

Allan

Your understanding of “leaks” is incorrect.

The vast majority of leaks are not illegal, and most of them are “authorized”, one way or another.

The fact that most are anonymous is the only part you got right.

If they are legally authorized they are not leaks. If they are not legally authorized but you pretend they are, you are McCabe.

This is not a true statement.

A leak is information released to the press outside normal channels.

It is very rarely illegal, and often “authorized” by the superiors of the person doing the leaking.

Nope. If they are authorized legally to release the information it is not a leak. It is simply the authorized legal release of information.

You can repeat yourself as many times as you like, it’s still not true.

“Leaking” refers to how the information is given to the press.

If its stated in a press conference, it’s not a leak. On the other hand, if the press secretary goes to the press room and privately gives a reporter a statement, and tells them to say it came from a “senior white house official”, then it’s a leak.

Whether or not it was “authorized” is irrelevant.

1 Like

Also, the only time a leak is illegal is if the information leaked is classified as national security information, or private confidential information about an individual.

Otherwise, the leak might be against the rules of the job - but not against the law.

1 Like

I’ve been betting horses and sports my whole life. That was the biggest and easiest bet I ever made.

I used to listen to a poker podcast regularly, and they interviewed a non-famous but highly successful cash game player who plays mostly in Macau, and he basically said, “Every rational person with disposable income should put a bet on Mayweather.”

I mean it was essentially a fight between one of the greatest boxers in history and a guy in his first boxing match.

I don’t know whether this is a good thing or not–it probably isn’t–but I find myself respecting the risk-based opinions of successful poker players more than anyone.

I might’ve mentioned this before, but I knew a woman in college decades ago whose father made a living betting baseball. She also showed me how to study–I mean really study–a racing form, a lesson that I’ve long since forgotten.

Anyway, he also really understood money and risk, and not just in the betting department.

It made me realize how casual and flippant I can be with money, as well as how often I waste money for no good reason.

The key to it is to treat it like a business, because it is. Have Seperate accounts for you business and set strict spending limits, just like you would brick and mortar. To this day I make most of my money on daily fantasy sports.

1 Like