The Blue wave poll of battleground house districts: oh let it be true 10-10-2018

You say “leaked”. My understanding of “leaked” is releasing information that one is not authorized to release, as opposed to a public anoouncement by someone who is authorized to release informaton. Since they are normally illegal, leaks are usually anonymous.
Are you saying that Cheavetz was not authorized to release that informaton, and if so can you back that up?
Politically motivated he may have been, leak, I’m not convinced.
And, as I said, it should have been made public. There was no duty to hide information that the public had a right to hear.

There was no duty for Chaffetz to disclose it either.

It was a blatant use of their oversight power to affect the outcome of an election.

I understood perfectly.

We just disagree about who the greater, more insidious threat was and which equally dangerous party they were part of.

Maybe. But hiding it would also have been a blatant attempt to affect the outcome of an election.

Incorrect. Hiding it would have been consistent with standard operating procedures of the FBI who do not disclose information such as this.

If you don’t want to be accused of bias, follow the same rules that you’ve set for everyone else.

The FBI did disclose it though. That was a Comey decision.

Therefore you believe the FBI should have released what they found with Brett k. Right?

Comey did not disclose it publicly. He disclosed it to the oversight committee as they have done many times in the past.

No…it’s that one of us is partisan, and one is not.

1 Like

Some of us are perfect…and some aren’t.

Chaevetz is not bound by FBI protocol, which is what was being claimed would prevent release.
He is not in the FBI.
Obviously, Comey didn’t feel bound by such a protocol, if it existed.
Best to let the truth out.

The protocol prevents the FBI from making investigations public, not from communicating with the oversight committee about investigations.

Chaffetz never made this type of information public for anyone else whichever clearly demonstrates this was done merely for political reason s.

Nope. Not releasing it would have also been political. Whatever he chose to do would have been political. He is not bound by FBI protocol. He made the right choice.

Incorrect. Not releasing it would have been exactly what they do for anyone else.

Are you going to deny this? Did Chaffetz treat Clinton like he would have any other person?

That totally swayed the millions of more voters that voted for her.

I doubt if he had this on a normal basis. It was his decision. The FBI had released the information to the committee. I can find that there was an ethichs complaint by Dems against Chaffetz saying it was political, which he called silly, but I don’t see any resolution to the complaint.
I would say that you are free to have your opinion.

I figured you would dodge

Can you answer this question honestly?

Did Chaffetz treat Clinton the same as anyone else?

I have no idea how he would have treated anyone else in a similar situation.

That wasn’t the question. I can only imagine you’ll continue to dodge it if I ask again because the answer is obvious.

He didn’t treat her like anyone else. His committee does not, ever, publicize this information.

But there are special rules for the Clintons. When it comes to using government against them, anything goes.