The biggest lie from last nights debate

Meanwhile your non-toxic mind gives credit to Obama for his good economy and gives credit to Trump for his good economy, right?

I do and I am a lib.

this is crap.

sorry

you need new knowledge

I’ll admit it. The economy is doing well right now.

It wasn’t horrible when Trump came into office, and then he cut taxes and increased spending, adding fuel to the fire.

According to Forbes, manufacturing jobs have gained a lot. But that’s a false flag because executives have gotten tax boosts from Trump. The article says that. “Trump’s deregulatory and tax policies have confounded his critics and benefited the American worker.” That doesn’t mean all levels of workers are benefitting. In fact, I’m guessing they’re not.

Stocks going up means retirement accounts are? I don’t see the correlation. It certainly hasn’t helped current retirees that I’ve seen.

Yeah, that’s sorta what I’m seeing in my area.

Companies stubbornly refuse to raise pay by meaningful amounts, and they have a hard time finding good job candidates. Around here, they complain a lot about people not wanting to work, but I think it has more to do with wanting to be paid a fair wage for the work.

For example, an auto parts factory near my home town starts people around $9/hour. Above min wage, but that’s not even $20k/year before taxes. You can earn bonuses/hit incentives to hit 11.something/hour, but still…that’s roughly 23k/year.

You’d think welders around here would be starting at more than 12/hour but nope, 12/hour.

Trickle up economics. Squeeze workers for the absolute most productivity for the least amount of $$ while executive pay/bonuses continually increase.

I say all of this with no insinuation that the government should do anything about it.

Just had a quick search to see what fabricators/welders would be paid in my home city of Perth, Western Australia. The quoted average hourly rate was $32.55.

For my state, the average pay for a fabricator/welder is about $16/hour.

But it’s not because of a bad economy. The economy is better than it has been in your lifetime. It’s because the people in poverty do absolutely nothing to get out. They don’t bother to prepare for life. They do nothing to develop the skills that employers want. And large numbers of them would rather sit around collect welfare and get stoned on Meth or Heroin. The jobs are available in abundance.

So we didn’t go from losing jobs at the start of Obama’s term to gaining jobs toward’s the end?

My point was the employment rate has improved in all ranges of experience. Agreed wages are fairly stagnant. I think your link agreed.

Most 401k’s are in mutual funds which are in the stock market, no?

There is a guy I work with who has to work full time here plus work for Uber and Lift and night just to eat. Granted his problems are self made: garnished child support and other issues, but the local Government is being unreasonable imo taking so much that he has to work 3 jobs to live.

1 Like

You are missing the point. She is not saying that Obama gets credit for the economy. She is saying that the economy is bad. And that is a lie.

Roxie said:there was no positive trends during the “lost years” of the previous Administration.

This is not true.

This is Republican non-sense that has been peddled by the CEC for years - Those in poverty and on welfare are lazy.

Then you are both off topic. The democratic candidates are claiming that the economy is bad. Period. I am showing that it is not.

Nope, on January 20, 2017 at 11:59am - The US was on fire and on the brink of becoming a 4th world country with anarchy. In fact, actual unemployment was 42%. The Dow Jones was at 1.
On January 20th, 2017 at 12:00pm when Trump was being sworn in, suddenly unemployment dropped to just over 4%, jobs re-surged and the Dow jumped to 19K.

It clearly was a miracle.

They are saying the economy is not great for middle and lower class Americans. They are saying that the upper class gained the most from the tax cuts and this 30+ year lie of trickle down economics just isn’t working.

You are partially correct. Here is a nearly complete list.

Some are:

Lazy
High school drop outs
Drug users
Did not bother to prepare for life. Aka develop career skills.
Criminal records.
Lock themselves in to poverty by having children too young with absentee fathers.

Those are your root causes. If you don’t fall in to this group, then there is no reason to be living in poverty. There are millions of unfilled jobs waiting for you.

Have you ever been a minority? Because I don’t see that on your list.

But whats the real unemployment number?