The Biden Economy is Really looking Up!

Do you ever do your own work? No offense to Gaius but just because he says something doesnā€™t make it true. Iā€™ve literally had to show Gaius that he was completely not understanding an economic news story. He was just totally wrong. He didnā€™t freak out, he just admitted he was wrong. I was shocked at how wrong he was, but it happens. The title is wrong, and the facts in the video are correct. Wages continue to go up. They are not falling. Thatā€™s the bottom line for this worthless click bait video designed for people who donā€™t actually follow the economy.

You do realize that you just admitted that the video is worthless.

Freudian slip?

I think itā€™s a worthless video. Iā€™ve said that repeatedly. I never posted it. I did watch it though. Unlike you. And after watching it it was clear you hadnā€™t. Simple fact that I was pointing out. Wages are up. Not down. The title doesnā€™t fit with the actual data in the worthless video that wages are up. Donā€™t get information from videos like this. The data about wages increasing in the video is correct. But donā€™t learn about the economy from videos like this. Wages are continuing to rise but not at the rate they were. Fact. Wages are outpacing inflation now. Fact. Thatā€™s it.

And yet, here you are, throwing a tantrum over it.

Edit:

I crossed a line with the pic and for posting that pic I sincerely apologize.

In actual economic news all three major indexes hit all time highs today.

2 Likes

Dow is about to break 40,000 :champagne:

I remember when five years ago 26,000 was celebrated as a major milestone.

2 Likes

Looks like your bragging about the rich getting richer.

Well I think an increase in the stock market positively affects a lot of people where a drop in the stock market tends to hurt a lot of people. But thatā€™s just me. God knows Trump claimed the stock market would crash with Biden as president. And that it would skyrocket if he were president. That definitely hasnā€™t happened. Iā€™m always fine with the stock market going up. Regardless of president. I have a lot of money there. Iā€™d like to retire in about fifteen years.

Most people do not have any money in the stock market. In fact a lot of people are emptying their 401K today to just make ends meet. So, you are happy that the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.

Fact check: WRONG

Regardless, a consistent conservative would subscribe to the view that wealth trickles down from the rich ergo rich getting richer cannot be a bad thing.

Thatā€™s odd. I thought 61 percent of adults investing in the stock market would be a majority. Is the ā€œmost people do not have any money in the stock marketā€ what you feel is true?

Share of Americans investing in stocks 2023 | Statista.

But if people are emptying out their 401ks to make ends meet Iā€™d like their investments to be worth more when they do that. So yeah I want the stock market higher for them too.

Very few people have enough money in the stock market to support them for more than a few months. But lets cheer the rich making more.

Is that claim the same as your belief that most people have no money in the stock market. These are your feelings right?

Sure look at you. You have yours so why should you care that most workers in America today are having to empty their nest eggs just to put food on the table.

Even if thatā€™s true, how horrible that whatever the money they do have is growing exponentially, right ? I am sure youā€™d be equally upset and outraged had this been happening under a Republican president :wink:

I was and have been for over forty years. There are just a few of us who hold the ones we elected feet to the fire and want spending in DC to stop. Did you call your elected representatives lately and let them know that what biden wants is over the top and they need to tell him no. Even if it means the left shut down the government and hold all those people hostage? I did.

It helps me.

#MeToo.

1 Like

MEH stock market going up is a good thing. (it shows confidence.)
But you are right people take it to mean a lot of things it does not.

The old saying is ā€œThe market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.ā€

Just so I am clear - you were and have been upset and outraged for over forty years at the growth of the stock market ?