The Biden Economy is Really looking Up!

That’s not what this data is saying as of most recent data. Wages are now outpacing inflation.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/05/wages-outpacing-inflation

1 Like

Going off what your boys at CNN said.

Take it up with them.

So you were wrong and called me a liar and it’s someone else’s fault. I understand.

Your information shows (only) the monthly rate.

Sooner or later that data will “win” but for now the total of all those months when workers won vs inflation, plus the total of all those months when workers lost vs inflation shows that people whose income comes from work are still earning less in real terms, than pre-pandemic.

Note however,
if we add-in income from SS, welfare, AirBnBs and from the cost of employer-provided healthcare
then the cufrent level is already higher than pre-pandemic.

That means exactly nothing to people whose income comes from work,
but I am sure it means something to somebody.

No.

IF you are correct. Then CNN’s headline is the one you have an issue with.

But why would CNN’s headline be so far removed from the content of their story?

Hmmmmmmmmm

:thinking:

Are you telling me that CnN isn’t a reliable source for news?

Is that what you’re saying?

I’m saying I watched the video. You didn’t. You made a claim without watching it and called me a liar. You were wrong. Doubled down and won’t admit your fault. Now you’re trying to deflect. You were wrong. You called me a liar and aren’t an adult enough to admit or apologize.

Not trying to deflect anything.

But I will ask, if you don’t believe the CNN headline, why do you believe the reporting that corresponds to that headline?

Again I ask, is CNN not to be trusted for news?

Ouch!

What I find is that news videos are just clickbate for people too lazy to read. And some people are too lazy to even watch the actual video. I knew the title was inaccurate because I actually follow the reported inflation and wage growth information. I’m guessing whoever made that clickbate title for a video didn’t understand the actual information. There. Now do you feel silly for believing a clickbate video title you didn’t even watch and then calling another poster a liar even though you had no idea what you were talking about? Is that how you stay informed?

1 Like

This disagreement is a great example of how a set of statistics can be used to support both sides of an argument.

(And how terms can be used interchangeably.)

A guy can get a $1 raise, from 18/hr to 19/hr. He got a raise. Technically his wage went up 5.5%. If he lives in a 6% inflation economy, his buying power actually went down. Some will interchange “buying power” with “wage”. Others will get hung up on terminology. The ensuing argument bypasses the foundational point that the guy fell behind in the economy.

Doesn’t answer the question.

How can you reject the headline yet support the report associated with that headline.

Is CNN not a reliable news sourse?

Because if what you say is true, and the headline clashes with the story associated with that headlines, would seem to be a red flag for me.

One of the two are propaganda.

Which is CNN lying about.

The headline or the story associated with it?

1 Like

Actually, the video sucks. And overall it’s not even focusing on value or buying power. It’s saying that the slope of the line for wage GROWTH (rates of increase) is going down. For instance (hypothetically), in period-1, wages might have gone up 3%. In period-2, wages might have gone up 2.5%. In period-3, wages might have gone up 2%.

Without a comparative cost-of-living trend, the “wage growth” trend doesn’t mean much. If inflation matches (or even is below) the wage growth slope, then there’s nothing concerning about the wage growth trend. If inflation exceeds the wage growth, it’s a problem (for the individual) no matter what the growth trend is.

Start a thread on click bait videos you don’t even watch. I’ll join that thread. All of those are worthless. But you need to stop throwing out the words liar and lying because you don’t know what they mean. Ever going to apologize for calling me a liar when I wasn’t? Like an adult would?

Maybe you can just tell me which one CNN is lying about.

Personally I think its the story. They picked up the headline and then attempted to explain it away in their story.

And you are barking up the wrong tree.

Talk to your boys at CNN.

And thanks for you bad advice. But I will keep my 1st amendment rights thank you very much.

Besides. If you hear something that is a lie, and then repeat that something, does that not make you a liar also?

Why yes, yes it does.

So still waiting. Given that , according to you, the CNN headline conflicts with the story attached to that headline , what does that say as to their reliability as a news source?

1 Like

Jesus Christ! I’m not here to defend some random CNN video for people too lazy to read or even watch the video. I didn’t post it. CNN to me is like any other 24 hour News organization. Not great. But the actual information they reference fits with what I follow based on government and other economic organizations reporting. You were wrong and called me a liar. You don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t care about facts. You’re not interested in learning or taking responsibility. Like an adult. Start a thread on CNN. I don’t care. This thread is about the economy. You’re clueless on it and want to deflect because you got caught being clueless on it. And can’t be mature enough to apologize to someone you called a liar.

Well I rekon that answers that.

Thanks for the info.

LOL.

So you fixed it.

Good for you.

Oh and I will thank you not to use my Savior’s name as your go to curse.

1 Like

Yeah. I clicked the wrong reply button then fixed it. Big deal. And who just told me that they’ll keep their 1st Amendment rights thank you very much? Holy ■■■■ it was you just a few posts ago! That is so funny.

I understand, mistakes happen. Like you mistakenly claiming the story was true while claiming the headline was a lie.

No worries.

Just trying to help.

It’s not me we all will answer to.