The Adam and Eve of Paradise Lost

We truly live in a demon haunted world.

You’ve been seeing demons lately? Damn dude, pass that ■■■■ ! :rofl:

Um no. The phrase references Sagan and refers to those who still use superstition and religion in their life and still see supernatural forces all around them.

We have people referencing the fable of Eden, Babel, The Flood, Nephilim, Burning bushes as historical fact. They are living in that demon-haunted world.

Subpar product. :wink:

Hey, if you don’t believe in demons then we are making progress.

If you think I believe in demons then you’ve got a long way to go with jumping to conclusions, because that was concocted all in your head. :wink:

I just said you don’t believe in demons, didn’t I?

But the quote references so much beyond demons.

It simply references more concoctions in your head about other people is all. It’s no one else’s fault that you’re lost in all this. :wink:

Cool. I guess my reading of you referencing Babel as fact was off base. We agree Babel is merely a fable.

Cool!

Yes, you were wrong. This isn’t a shocker. lol

Babel was an allegory of a time that did in fact exist, and is made to teach valuable lessons about man and his vices.

Everything else that your head makes up from there is just that - made up in your head.

It’s no one else’s fault that you struggle to understand any of this. In fact, it was always your choice. :wink:

What time was that?

Prehistory.

Or did you think mankind came out of that era with nothing to say? :thinking:

I was thinking a bit more specific to the fable of Babel. Language likely started and developed in a variety of places. Highly doubtful there was one “language” and then a diaspora caused multiples to develop.

You’re still struggling with this on purpose. :man_shrugging:

There wasn’t “one” language, there was “a” one language, which was lost in the events following a united people who survived a global disaster towards the end of the Younger Dryas Period.

You’re looking at a universal language as if it’s something like the one you’re currently typing in, when you should be simply looking up at the stars, or even in a math book to find an example of a universal language.

But, to choose to struggle…

:man_shrugging:

United people? I don’t know what you are talking about. Who? Where?

Yes, I understand math is a universal language. The laws of science perhaps as well.

The fable of Babel posits a universal language. Glad we agree there was no such (verbal) language.

Yeah, I know.

:rofl:

For the rest of you that turn to ash when the Bible is brought up, feel free to read up on Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta if you want an earlier telling of the same story.

You don’t have to hurt yourselves by opening up a Bible. lol

I was asking for clarification but it seems you are more intent on laughing.

I’ve led you to water and could now care less if you dry up. You already made your choice to struggle no matter what. :wink:

Okay, I am teasing! Plus, I would have been substituting in English Language Arts classes all this week had schools remained opened!

:slight_smile: :grinning: (I am grinning, teasing!)

So…you care a lot, but you could care less? Does that mean even though you could care less, you are not going to care any less? (Psst! Don’t you love grammar teachers?)

The stories of Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta are interesting–something I probably would not have gotten into had I not been home. Thank you.

1 Like