The Adam and Eve of Paradise Lost

Meri, I would be honored to have you correct any of my grammar that you please, especially the way you just did. lol

A well put multi-challenge, too. This is why I respect you so much. The way I personally see being centered is the way I feel; which, the best way I can explain is, centered between all that I feel, which is too vast for me to comprehend all at once.

For example: I’m just as far away from a burst of happiness as I am from a burst of sadness at any given time, depending on the situation I’m facing. In the same way, I’m pulled toward showing It to people as I am my apathy towards willful spiritual neglect. It’s not a teetering center, it’s a large, comfortable area that becomes easier to keep kept as time goes by (with practice, and more practice when needed).

I’ve witnessed where someone goes from a hollow bag of walking synaptic patterns to a spiritually fulfilled entity. All are welcome, but I myself only have so much time for the BS foreplay before I move on to more productive things. I don’t like to get stale in my journey when people like me are a dime a dozen. Not that there’s anyone like me either. :wink:

I’m happy to have shared the Sumerian stories with you. I love reading them along side a Biblical or Vedic story and seeing the similarities and comparisons stretching so far back in time, some even as far back as 12,000 years. It’s not so much a rabbit hole for me as it is a playground of information. Where I see the rabbit hole start is when I ask, “Just how far back does it really go?” :thinking:

Thanks. I wiki’d it and it was an interesting read. More support of Babel as fable.

Think of what was going on in China at the time. An independent culture with their own language.

I understand. Where I have drawn the line with at least two people here are when they begin to tell ME what I am “really” thinking or “really” saying. I will not even read one writer’s posts any more, and though I do read the other’s I will not engage. I don’t know who he thinks he is discussing such matters with–someone he made up in his own mind, no doubt–but it is certainly not me.

I do so enjoy your posts and your approach. Your approach is different from my own, but it still makes sense to me, because it takes you somewhere.

1 Like

I understand. Why pick apart a story not fully understood instead of pursuing the spiritual aspects of the account. The purpose of these accounts is to direct people towards spirituality, not in the direction of becoming literary critics and/or Monday Morning Quarterbacks of days gone by.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not my well to decide who gets to drink out of it, much less know where it is. Here it is, have a drink I say! It’s there for everyone, free of charge.

I know it more current than the stories you are relating here in the this thread, but I used to love doing much the same with Homer’s Odyssey and the Greek myths. Some are easy to connect with legends that have their roots in then famous people, others were more difficult to fathom.

If I could go back in time, I would love to discuss stories and their roots with the actual authors/creators of these accounts. I am betting JRR Tolkien had a good understanding of authors like Homer. Tolkien took an historical event and was inspired to write a work of pure fantasy. The trick is to understand both the historical event and what the fantasy is teaching.

1 Like