The 2018-2019 NHL Season

Yeah, Penguins don’t get penalty shots.

Wow- the refs actually can call a penalty against Philadelphia. I thought that was impossible after watching the outdoor game.

LOL the penguins have two power plays in 4 games against the Flyers this season. I guess about 30 seconds of 6 on 5 is what it takes to get a penalty called on Philly.

These ■■■■■■■ refs.

Loving the playoffs so far. Lightning and Penguins both get swept out of the first round while my two favorite teams, the Avalanche and Golden Knights, are up 3-1 right now. I know it feels like cheating to have two favorite teams but having no team near me (Vegas is 650 miles and Denver is 800 miles) I root for both since its the closest I have.

Like the entire world who watches hockey I’m shocked at the Lightning getting swept. Second best win % record in regular season history and they not only get swept but get dominated. All I can think is that they got so used to winning they didn’t know how to turn it up a notch come playoff time and were still in coast mode.

Crazy game 7 tonight between the Sharks and Knights. The Knights are up 3-0 in the 3rd when they get hit with a major 5 minute penalty. The Sharks then score FOUR goals during the power play. Knights tie it up but lose in OT to get eliminated.

All Canadian teams have now been been eliminated so we will now be at year 26 since a Canadian team won the NHL championship.

Well this thread died.

Disappointed to see the Knights get eliminated followed by the Avalanche getting eliminated in 7 games. But the future is bright for the Avalanche. They have a lot of young stars and will only get better.

Don’t really care who wins the Cup now.

Sigh. I can’t believe I actually miss good ‘ole Mountain Soldier bitching about reffing. And this offseason, more than any, deserves to be bitched about. Looks like Boston is going to win another championship this year.

Can you imagine how badly he would have imploded if he’d been a Knights fan or an Avalanche fan?

Knights were up 3-0 against the Sharks in the 3rd period of Game 7 when they got a very bogus major penalty called on them. It was dubiously even a minor penalty but because the Sharks player stumbled backwards and then tripped and knocked himself out they on replay decided they had to call a major. Sharks score 4 goals on the power play and win the game.

Then in game 7 of the Sharks against the Avalanche with the Avalanche down by one Nathan McKinnon got a breakaway and was both tripped and slashed in the face by a chasing Sharks player but neither a penalty nor penalty shot called and the Avalanche lost.

But bad calls only happen against Pittsburgh teams.

1 Like

After 52 years, the St. Louis Blues had finally won the Stanley Cup!

Congrats to the teams and their fans!!

Penguins were robbed in that Finals.