Texas Unemployment

Gov. Abbott’s plan to gradually put us back to work while safeguarding our health:

Day 1 - Get up and get ready for work, but don’t go. Just think about it.
Day 2 - Drive 1/4 of the way to work, then turn back and go home.
Day 3 - Drive 1/2 the way to work then turn back.
Day 4- Drive all the way to work but don’t go in. Then turn back and go home.
Day 5 and beyond. Place 1,500 calls trying to reach the Texas Unemployment Office.

Sounds reasonable. I think it will work.

Ok. That solves nothing. Just blindly firing a manager is poor management itself.

It’s sad bit kinda true

2 Likes

He didn’t want to upstage trump.

Strange. Seems to be a complete contradiction, but that can’t be.

Probably true.

It’s ez pz my friend. The first thing is to inspect…what you expect. Government fails in this area…big time.

Do you think long lines at the BMV can be over me by better management? That no extra costs would be required?

Nope. Think about it.

I did.

Not necessarily.

Lol such bollocks.

They are working at the levels they are staffed and intended for.

Under the circumstances any org public or private would be in same boat. Just another chance to ignore reality for politics.

And yet I have had zero issues.

What do you do at the BMV?

And how much of that is for those ridiculously huge Texas high school football stadiums?

Haha, we have one of those for my kids schools. $84 million high school sports and theater facility.

I am a customer. I have brought kids in to get their permits and drivers tests/licenses. Each trip has taken at least 3 hours out of my day. Of course, they aren’t open on Saturdays or Sundays so that mean so I am taking time off from work which makes this a pain in the butt.

Ours are closed down as nonessential. Because of that the state is forgiving expired drivers licenses that expired March 13 and later. They will have to be renewed within 60 days after the end of the state of emergency.

I was speaking in general, not specific to current situation.

All of it. Children first.