Texas Unemployment

Usually takes a day or so after it says its deposited

Considering unemployment jumped a hundred fold in a matter of 2 weeks what do you expect?

It what happens when people vote for over a decade to cut funding for Government services. Not sure why you would then be surprised.
No, you never would have staffed enough to handle such a quick rise so fast. But what you could have done, if there was funding before and not a impre9thag everything the government does is bad, you could have invested in long term planning. Spend money on thinks like a better interactive website so you could do more automatically online vs calling.
But that would have had to mean that someone decided to fund a government agency during a time where that government agency wasnā€™t busy.
Which goes against what many people here think is the right way.
So the result is what you get now.

This makes no sense. Did ya see the pork place in south dakota with 500 or so cases. This is what happens when you put forth this kind of attitude

1 Like

pssstā€¦ says it was deposited 2 days ago. otherwise, how do you judge ā€œusuallyā€ the first time something is done?

My bank would hold it for a day. I was only trying to be helpful btw. Iā€™m in construction and occasional unemployment is just part of the business.

not unemployed, was speaking of stimulus.

My bad

What an intelligent post.

shocking!

Hundreds of thousands of people arenā€™t going to die. We ve already been there and done thatā€¦the number is less than 30000 and half of them are in New York. The other 49 states have done pretty well. You donā€™t solve a health crisis by creating a depression. The health of the economy is not a separate issue from the health of the public they are one in the same.

1 Like

Why should you have been in the first wave?

We have 30,000 dead right now. Is the pandemic over? The models only work if everyone practices social distancing until the end of May. The models also predict the number of dead doubling before that time. Opening up the economy now will result in hundreds of thousands of Americans dying. Iā€™m okay with this. We canā€™t let the cure be worse than the disease. The economy matters more than the lives of Americans.

And yet I have had zero problems with any of it.

Texas Gov. Abbott is about to unveil his plan to get us all back to work without jeopardizing anyoneā€™s health.
QUESTION- If he knows how to do this, why didnā€™t he do it a month ago rather than shutting the state down?

Because conditions were different.

I recognize your attempt at sarcasmā€¦Itā€™s fine. The models, as is usually the case with models, missed the markā€¦Thank God. The economy does not matter more than the lives of Americans, the economy is essential to the lives of Americans. When millions of people canā€™t buy food, canā€™t make their house payment, canā€™t find a job, when the businesses people have spent their lives building are being destroyedā€¦Thatā€™s not a recipe for a healthy country.

Itā€™s time to put this country back to work.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦I know. Every government failure is due to lack of funding. Just ask the person in charge. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

you know how when the governmentā€™s budget shrinks andā€¦

Wait governmentā€™s budgets never shrink. Never mind.

2 Likes

I am part of the private enterprise and deal with every hand Iā€™m dealtā€¦whether good or bad and itā€™s done efficiently. I do not like government whine. Thereā€™s no excuse and if I was in charge, Iā€™d go to who ever was in charge and fire them. If only I could be king? :sunglasses: