Texas' top elections officer: 95,000 non-citizens found on voter rolls statewide

You mean physically impossible not to. :wink:

Update, too late.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you now have anything to add to the OP?

Sure. It’s from January. It’s being circulated on Facebook right now with normal people taking part in the discussion. Lots of wet fantasies about Texas turning blue lately.

So another “we’re super worried there’s a bunch of voter fraud going on” from a Republican state election official that will turn out to be a wet squib.

I saw this movie like twelve times in 2012 and 2016.

About to start a separate thread on this…

What do you make of this?

Apparently Dems only need six seats to take control of the state legislature, which doesn’t seem like a fantasy.

As a default, anybody who doesn’t seek re-election is alright in my book.

I would definitely laugh if it actually happened. lol

Normal people that are incredibly misinformed.

1 Like

SPOILER ALERT: It backfired hard. HARD.

Thread fail. This thread is nothing moe than a panic button push.

From the story.

Beth Stevens, voting rights legal director with the Texas Civil Rights Project, called Whitely’s move “alarming.”

“There is no credible data that indicates illegal voting is happening in any significant numbers, and the secretary’s statement does not change that fact,” Stevens said.

The important part being that normal Americans are discussing it. Most people don’t sit in front of CNN all day waiting for something to get angry about, remember? :wink:

If by hard do you mean rescinding the list and paying $450,000 to the lawyers who sued?

1 Like

Are you informing these people of the real story, so they are not uninformed and falsely believing something that is untrue?

3 Likes

Texan’s, being the ones who pay for this kind of stupidity, should be discussing the incompetence that cost the state $450,000…

2 Likes

Perhaps they should discuss what the outcome was rather than the old news story? Do normal people not look at dates of articles?

Because…math

Indeed. This is proof that a lot of “normal” people get their news from Facebook. From the perspective of a man who wants an educated populace, and not one beholden to fake news that can be pushed by literally anyone in the world, this troubles me immensely.

Instead they sit around on Facebook all day and find fake news to get angry about. Doesn’t seem much better to me.