Texas Supreme court - lack of immunity to the coronavirus does not count as a "disability"

I believe he was calling it a absentee ballot. Their goal was to make it easier for the retired folks there be able to vote. Because the majority of them vote Republican.

Was it done through the legislature pasing laws?

He didn’t say.

So you don’t know if your comparings apples to oranges then?

Federal Courts are not bound by State law definitions, when a contrary Federal definition exists.

The definitions given by the ADA are controlling.

This case arrises under federal question jurisdiction. State law is generally controlling in cases arrising under diversity jurisdiction where no federal question is raised.

1 Like

I was replying to the folks that were talking about Trump. This guy who was interviewed said that he didn’t know if Trump realized how much the mail-in vote in Florida helped the Republicans there.

So anyone not immune to illness is disabled under the ADA and REASONABLE accomidations need to be made for anyone not imune to illness?

Case should be thrown out and the people who filed it have to pay all expenses.

.>
And by suppressing the vote we keep democrats from voting.

A win all around. As Trump said, mail in voting doesn’t work well for the GOP.
.WW, PHS

Then.
Change.
The.
law.
(if you want more vote by mail stuff)

“Fear of contracting a virus”

Hiw do you contract this virus in voting, a transaction that doesn’t involve lingering in one place?

It’s as get in and get out as it gets.

Only Democratic voters vote by mail :face_with_monocle:?

I voted by mail for 20 years and I can vote by mail this year.

For my state I don’t have to get the law changed.

We actually encourage people to vote safely and not put their life on the line standing in line.

Now do I think vote by mail is the only alternative? Nope, we can also look at expanding polling places, extended hours, and even a longer voting window with early voting to lessen - ah - “flatten the curve” and spread out the opportunity to vote.

.WW, PHS

Never said that.

But Trump knows the more people that vote the lower his chances of reelection are.

I’m a proud GOP “Human Scum” as Trump calls me.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

Depends on where you are. Personally? I vote early before going to work and normally walk in, check in, vote, and leave. If I have to do it after work it’s normally 30-45 minutes standing in line.

There are plenty of places the walk in, check in, vote, leave model isn’t the norm.

.WW, PHS

3 Likes

Probably because the law allows it. I’m happy they let you lawfuly do so.

That’s good. Then convince anyone you know in Texas to loby their state political critters to change the law there.

Again, there are precautions that can be taken so no one has to do that.

Problem is that takes $$$$ how do you do it with the limited resources?