Texas starts to shut down again

Orange County is a perfect example.

3 Likes

Trump supporters? Muh freeberty?

Would they have worn masks if Trump had set the example?

Same here in liberal WA.

Thanks.

Iā€™m going to disagree a bit here.

Thanks. So itā€™s not Trump or Abbott. Good to know.

Illusion of control.

1 Like

He killed any hope of that back in April.

You nailed it! most of the idiots not wearing masks came from counties that vote Republican, like Orange County.

1 Like

If Trump had worn a MAGA branded red face mask at the first Covid press conference, China wouldnā€™t even be able to keep up with the Trump campaignā€™s orders. Every Trumpster out there would have oneā€¦

5 Likes

Not entirely about them. However, if there was a consistent, comprehensive approach there would be less pressure on those who are taking a slower approach. Trump saying open up and other states opening up causes more people in the more cautious states to ask if such and such state is opening why canā€™t we.

Not what I asked.

The surges in Texas are in democrat areas.

2 Likes

Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio.

Itā€™s all of them. Newsome shouldā€™ve stayed the course. Abbott too. Trump should at least be consistent with the messaging coming from his own administration.

And?

What do you want? A national closing and opening?

How?
ā€¦

Not sure how you think this relates. Is this some backdoor attempt to get me to say that liberals arenā€™t wearing their masks? No problemā€¦ a lot are not. I live in a very liberal place and Iā€™m watching the same thing happen hereā€¦ people have just grown tired of the measures and are letting their guard down.

Does it surprise you that these initial outbreaks weā€™ve seen since January are primarily in large, dense metro areas? Do you think rural areas are immune to seeing the same outbreaks?

1 Like

How what? Stay the course?

Keeping the restaurant/bar scene in check for one. Continuing to limit the size of public gatherings, etc. Basically just keeping all the initial measures in place until a sustained response could be observed in the numbers.

1 Like

It has to do with blaming pols. The illusion of control. It has to do with the underlying false premise of authoritarian high modernism. Consent of the governed. That the government can save us.

It has to do with the understanding of the very core of politics. Or that this kabuki is better than that one.

Yes, stay the course. How?

Itā€™s a virusā€¦itā€™s never going away. We can either learn to live with it or not.

I have to laugh at leftiesā€¦that idiot Governor of New York tried to slam Texas a day or two ago. That clown has blood on his hands after all the people he killed in nursing homes. Governor Cuomo needs to shut up.

There will be spikes in red states and there will be spikes in blue states. Itā€™s called life.

We can either crawl in a damn hole or we can do our best to live our lives.

2 Likes