Texas starts to shut down again

Texas gov is obviously a lib who hates freedom and America.

2 Likes

No, I simply answered a question. Please try to keep up

Same reasons really. Rush to re-open some businesses that didn’t necessarily need to, but far more than that, a lack of individual responsibility when venturing out into public.

1 Like

Bingo, California was holding strong until it wasn’t and now folks aren’t taking it seriously enough.

I could easily see a roll back in Cali sooner rather then later.

4 Likes

Speculation. Or do you have evidence?

Wow, pence is live on network tv right now talking about the new outbreaks. Birx and Fauci too.

Observation… and just basic common sense.

The experts warned what would happen if the social-distancing guidelines were not followed. States re-opened, we were able to observe the lack of social-distancing in place in a lot of areas, and now we’re observing those predictions come true.

Im honestly just enormously embarrassed out how collectively stupid, irresponsible and selfish we are as a society… it’s just ■■■■■■■ pathetic at this point.

5 Likes

California rushed to reopen businesses?

1 Like

Seems they’ve managed to keep The Donald away, so it’s not devolving into a clown show.

2 Likes

Looks like Lt Governor might get his wish in sacrificing old people.

2 Likes

Pence is there, so it’s still a clown show.

1 Like

Yeah. I think you’re going to say something to the effect of “…but they were one of the first to lock down.” And you’d be right, they were. But the guidelines were pretty clear. States should have a 14-day period of cases running flat before attempting to re-open… To my knowledge, not a single state met that criteria, Cali included. In addition, upon re-opening, even if having met those guidelines, the social-distancing was to remain in place… some people still are, but it seems quite a few are acting as though this thing is just over. It’s not

At this time, it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars," Abbott said in a news release. “The actions in this executive order are essential to our mission to swiftly contain this virus and protect public health.”

His executive order tells you exactly what’s driving the surge.

It’s my body, my choice!!

1 Like

I’m not going to say it. Texas was in a rush to reopen, it was killing the economy.

I didn’t think California was. Seems like I remember closing beaches, fences, that sort of thing.

Operator dependent mitigations are not reliable and never over the long term. NYers were and are fleeing, spreading the disease.

2 Likes

Wisconsin - 464 new cases yesterday. Are cheeseheads?

I’ll explain California since I live here.

Idiots (mostly young people) got complacent and started going to bars and restaurants without wearing a ■■■■■■■ mask!

3 Likes

I just heard Pence say people should follow the CDC guidelines. He listed each one except wearing masks.
Gee, I wonder why he left off that one.

3 Likes

And I understand. I run a business and it operates the same as damn near all others… it only succeeds in a healthy economy. Trust me, I get it and I want people to employ some basic common sense so we can open to the greatest extent practicable.

Cali did technically close a lot of those areas/venues. But people still went… you’ve got to remember all the sarcastic remarks on here about hanging out in the wet sand but maybe not the dry sand areas. At any rate, they never really flattened, not for any sustained period of time, so none of this is real shocking to me.

Fully agree. It’s not just NYers though… its’ everyone. Everyone should just stay the home. We’re dealing with the annual influx of summer tourists right now (a fair portion from TX) and I absolutely know we’re going to be another hotspot in short time because of it.

1 Like

Yes. Governor Newsome laid out criteria for reopening and we never met it. He tried to hold the fort but enough people were losing patience with the SIP and business restrictions that he basically threw up his hands and said “fine, get out there”. He was trying to follow the data, but he ran into political reality and gave up. We have our share of the “you can’t make me wear a mask” and “I have no concept of social distancing” crowd, as well.

6 Likes