TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

I’m not. I see more of them being taught they have rights and the police sometimes abuse them.

You did. And nicely.

That post was not to you. We are in agreement.

here are the actual victims in case anyone is interested…

You aren’t going to post the pictures?

Let’s just pretend that after the Parkland school shooting that Congress had banned the manufacture and sale of AR rifles and raised the age to buy any gun to 21 as the protesters were demanding. Would it have prevented this shooting?

Knee jerk legislation is a really dumb way to respond to problems. Before a workable solution can be found, the problem must be accurately identified. At this time, there is more disagreement as to what the problem is, than there is about gun control legislation.

The premise you put forth was that guns are necessary to commit mass murder. They are not. Not even close. If you got rid of every gun in America, people would still kill other people and mass murders, including in schools, would still occur. You cannot avoid that reality by chiding me for not providing you with examples of mass school killings done without guns. If you don’t address the root causes in our society that turn kids into killers, they will continue to kill again and again, regardless of whether you and your ilk pass every gun control measure you can conjure up. Stop focusing on the tools … it is the people who are doing the killing.

Aren’t you an NRA member? It as though you pulled the trigger yourself.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any gun related crime? How about inadvertently forgetting to immediately tell a police officer that you are carrying your CC weapon? That’s a pretty harsh sentence for committing a crime that neither harmed anyone nor was done to benefit yourself.

That’s the problem with enacting laws in a knee-jerk reaction to emotional incidents … unintended consequences.

Case in point … The Patriot Act.

1 Like

April 19, 1995, 168 people, including 15 children in a day care center, were killed with fertilizer.

I just said I don’t want any new gun control laws and that is not the answer!!!

Thanks for proving my point, Samm!!?11!!?111?!

Maybe you aren’t, but the vast majority of liberals are. I am addressing the predominant possition of Liberals, not the exception.

We have made our choice. There are now too many firearms to have an effect on this issue unless it is done over the course of generations.

The Gun Rights folks have successfully divorced the right to bear arms from a well-regulated militia. Like conservative action in many realms, they have managed to privatize the benefit and socialize the cost. We will continue to see 10s of thousands of deaths from firearms annually. We will continue to see mass murders in schools and churches and movie theaters and restaurants and sundry other places.

That is the cost we as a society will pay for this individual right.

1 Like

How about the rights of the dead kids? And dead adults? Do you care about their rights?

I asked that question right after TNT brought it up. Others have asked that question also. NOT ONE person who proposes punishing the owner of the weapon used has bothered to answer.

They ignore it.

The “gun rights folks” did not do that, the Founders with the affirmation of the SCOTUS did that.

And as far as your last sentence …

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Life without risk is unattainable with freedom. Freedom is worth the risk.

It’s already illegal for anyone who has been adjudicated mentally ill to possess firearms and the NRA was behind the restriction.

Quit lying about the NRA.

66 million kids in American schools will not be shot this year, next, year, or the year after.

Jesus told two of his disciples to sell their most precious items and buy swords.

You cannot punish the masses of innocents simply because some individual violated their rights.

Plane crashes tend not to come in plagues.