TEXAS RAMPAGE: Authorities Release the Identity of the 17-Year-Old Gunman

To both you and LucyLou. The first step is setting up outcomes…objectives we can all agree on. I know what the solution is not. It is not either full on gun ownership ban, and it is not any absolute denial of any kind of common sense laws or regulations. I mean it can’t be do nothing because of second amendment and it can’t be all out repeal of second amendment. Then you have to approach it like this in my public policy opinion

1. Schools need to be safeguarded. Security, and plans. And the schools have to be willing to spend the money to do so. Maybe even federal money for schools who can’t afford these measures

2. Every high school needs to have at least two armed security personnel.

Schools all schools need to have automated lock down mechanisms so teachers do not have to lock hallway doors and then classroom doors. All outside doors need to be locked and alarmed so if a door is opened an alarm sounds and camera view comes up. Only main entrances can be used for entering and exiting.

1. Gun owners need to accept laws that place responsibility on them for safeguarding their own weapons from family members. And be held legally responsible if your weapon is used by a family member to commit a crime.

2. Revoke bail for any armed crime…and mandatory 25 to life sentences for ANY gun related crime.

3. I support gun ownership on all levels, but gun owners, all of us have to take responsibility to safeguard our guns.

4. Make stronger laws that work to keep fire arms out of the hands of unstable people and out of the hands of those already identified as felons.

It is not, in my opinion, gun control, nor is it against the second amendment. If you are a convicted felon you lost those rights. If you are unstable you also by way of incompetence forfeit those rights.

Go ahead and rip me. But instead of blaming Republicans, democrats’ liberals or conservatives…i blame no one, and have ideas. Any one willing to sign on?

1 Like

What has your state done?

“could” being the operative word. But they’re not. They’re using guns.

Yes, the deadliest used dynamite a hundred years ago. And now here in 2018 where guns are the preferred weapon of choice, just like they have been repeatedly.

Earlier you lamented that in prior decades, kids were able to take their guns to school and ""none of them shot up their classmates.

That’s abjectly false.

Just peruse those decades to which you were referring.

All true. Each one.

Emphasis mine.
Do you feel like you need to violate my rights?

1 Like

Tell us all about the mass murders at schools I am responsible for.

1 Like

Good, sensible suggestions(especially #3) but no one from the right will give two ■■■■■

Thanks for the good post, konss1.

Yes, although I’m not sure “enemy” is the right word.

Yes, he did.

Not that one.

The Constitution doesn’t prohibit God in town squares.

I am.

Ten characters

Thank you. I believe I covered that.

Because immediately gun banners start sniveling and screeching about banning them and they’ve already done it. We’re not blind. We see California. We see Hawaii. And all the others. We’ve already lived through a federal ban. We see the courts ignoring the last two SCOTUS rulings on it. We see Bloomberg trying to buy elections.

The smoke hadn’t even cleared in Santa Fe and there was Feinstein. The news had to retract “assault rifle”.

We’re rural, not retarded.

2 Likes

I believe you. 100%.

Different than any other possession? If a parent leaves the car keys on the kitchen counter and a 15 year old takes the car out and kills someone, what do you want to do to the parents?

Like what? It’s already 10 years federal time. You want to execute them?

Hear that? It’s the sound of silence.

Interesting link. There’s some trash in there, but a lot of good information.