Texas history curriculum to emphasize that slavery played 'central role' in Civil War

Good. Not sure why people can’t wrap their head around the both/and aspect. It was both about state’s rights AND slavery, i.e. the state’s right to allow chattel slavery.

Sometimes I wonder if given a little more time, the abolition movement would have eliminated the need for the Civil War, but it is what it is.

that article also said that hillary clinton and helen keller have been restored to the history curriculum in tx

i guess they had been removed

i wonder why

sorry if this is too much of a tangent

Helen Keller and Clinton vs civil war. Seems like a no brainer

You gotta admit that many Confederate states (after losing the war and being readmitted to the USofA) did a really good job teaching their children that the war wasn’t about human trafficking. Those lessons were passed down for generations. Even some people today still believe that lie. That’s really good marketing.

Oh, of course.

They prey on people’s tendency to want to find some redemptive quality in others.

Yes, but that example gives me some hope. When I joined this forum you certainly wouldn’t get a “but the rest was about slavery” add on.

Let me put it this way: even Texas feels it has to own up to the past.

This is some Edgar Allen Poe ■■■■■ They can hear the heart under the floorboard.

1 Like

Nevermore?

LOL!

1 Like

Makes one wonder if Somali Slave Traders will one day have descendants who say “Look, it wasn’t about buying and selling people, it was about the government not telling them what to do. Freedom! Now let’s erect a statue to my granddad because he was a good general”.

1 Like

lol

10 Char

Little steps. Little strps.

No need to externalize it my man. America is a land where we are expected to respect a bunch of confederate generals simply because they existed. They are troops after all.

But you are correct, our fate is in the hand of a bunch of dweebs whose granddads were generals.

Here’s some Simpsons to warm our soul:

2 Likes

Sort of.

All future states in the southern section of the Louisiana purchase (Missouri Compromise) were to be slave states.

That wasn’t the Confederacy, but I’ll give you the point.

What southern state did you grow up in?

My school taught no such thing.

Do you not know what “pontification” means? He’s agreeing with you.

i dont know what pontification means

the dictionary talks about pontiffs

i dont know what they are either

Venezuela is a slave plantation…

Venezuela does democracy better than Georgia.