Texas: Guns found at 2 schools, threats reported at 3 schools near Santa Fe High School on 1st day back after mass shooting

"Just 60 miles from Santa Fe High School, a student at Hargrave High School was found to have a gun in his backpack…

Meanwhile, just 14 miles from Santa Fe High School, a male student at the League City Intermediate School was found with an unloaded gun…"

It sounds like the first guy was gonna shoot himself. I’m not sure what the deal is with the second.

I’m glad they found the guns.

I hope they get the ones who call in threats too. They probably don’t even live in the same state so I bet they feel pretty safe “trolling” like this.

And there you have one of the biggest causes of this, wall to wall coverage brings out the crazies to try and get their slice of infamy. Liberals are going after the wrong right, try banning media coverage of these shootings instead of guns.

1 Like

Unfortunately some of these kids feel like they are nobodies if they are not famous and that shooting up a school is the only chance they’ll ever have at achieving any sort of fame.

As a generation they are obsessed with attention, hits, likes, endless selfies etc.

Plus in the case of recent shooters, they were social outcasts, not popular with peers with good reason.

The Texas killer had been pursuing a girl who was not interested in him. She was one of his victims.

They are filled with rage and hate, so bad they kill innocent people and kids they likely knew quite well.

How do we fix evil like that?

2 Likes

I agree the wall to wall coverage is anything but helpful. However, it also seems there are parenting issues and mental health problems that need to be addressed.

This should be the real focus here, not the guns.

Some of this goes back to kids now days having too much free time. It allows things to manifest where before you were too busy to worry about that. Parents just do not keep the kids busy with chores like they used to and the kids stay glued to their phones.

Too much free time and far too little parental supervision is often a very serious problem.

Parental supervision would be a good start.

Yep, that’s right. The Texas killer used guns that were legally owned by his father. Now obviously the father had no idea his son would do such a horrific thing, but you really have to wonder how everyone missed the warning signs. Allegedly at least one of the killer’s victims had said she was afraid of him.

The Parkland killer was living in a foster home. But there were PLENTY of red flags and law enforcement was called many, many times. Yet nothing happened.

That’s why I think parenting and mental health are the real problems here. Yet most on the left only want to talk about gun control.

2 Likes

The more guns are accepted, the more mass murders there will be. Good guys with guns are home watching Duck Dynasty.

Also overlooked is, -part of the increase is due to population increase and of course, the sensational coverage it gets on the 24/7 news. These are the drastic increases we are seeing.

from https://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/mass-murder-shooting-sprees-and-rampage-violence-research-roundup

From 2000 to 2006, there were an average of 6.4 annually; from 2007 to 2013, the average more than doubled, rising to 16.4 such shootings per year.

You can’t be serious. Guns are less accepted now then they ever were with the percent of households that have one on a steady decline.

from Number of households with guns on the decline, study shows - CBS News

WASHINGTON – The number of Americans who live in a household with at least one gun is lower than it’s ever been, according to a major American trend survey that finds the decline in gun ownership is paralleled by a reduction in the number of Americans who hunt.

According to the latest General Social Survey, 32 percent of Americans either own a firearm themselves or live with someone who does, which ties a record low set in 2010. That’s a significant decline since the late 1970s and early 1980s, when about half of Americans told researchers there was a gun in their household.

Yes, I’m serious. What are you ignoring?

Agreed, that’s another reason why there are so many more of these mass shootings. There are many reasons as to why these awful things keep happening.

I’ve not found any information yet about the relationship between the father and son. All we know so far is that the father had is weapons available to this nutcase. If the pattern remains consistent, the relationship had serious problems. There’s no way anyone can tell me both parents couldn’t/shouldn’t have known their kid has some serious issues?

What do we have? Five weeks until the next mass shooting?

Then explain why all violent crime rates have been cut by over half in the US during the same period in which legal carry has expanded to almost every state in the Union.

While I know you’re being intentionally hyperbolic here, I think there is something to be said about how we, as a society, and our media, Sean included, cover these events. I believe there is a cause and effect at play here to some extent.