Texas: Guns found at 2 schools, threats reported at 3 schools near Santa Fe High School on 1st day back after mass shooting

There you go! Perfect. I grew up on a farm and was kept busy with chores. That would be good for kids these days but not many modern parents are willing to do it.

He’s not being hyperbolic at all. You cant’ have a copycat effect without all of the reporting.

The hyperbolic part of his post is in encouraging the left to attack the 1A rather than the 2A. He does not actually believe people should legitimately try to do away with either. At least I assume as much, hence the hyperbole.

I, too, grew up on a farm and stayed busy. I also was involved in sports and school activities. But to be fair, there are tons of parents that do still keep kids busy with activities. I’d argue the overwhelming majority do even. But there are enough in the minority that do not, and are not active in their kids lives. And that tends to be where the problems originate. So the question is, how do we as a society change this behavior among the minority of parents?

Personally I believe it all boils down to the vast array of problems with generation ME.

It’s obvious there is, when did this take off? Right after Columbine. The availability of guns didn’t change. Society didn’t change overnight to make it more acceptable. What changed was a couple of kids killed a lot of people and it got non-stop coverage for months.

1 Like

Honestly, I think we start by fostering the idea that they are part of something greater then themselves. Espouse our commonalities rather than focusing on the differences. And stop this nonsense of proclaiming everyone as a victim of some unfair oppression.

1 Like

You don’t have to violate the first amendment to try and convince the media to stop flogging this stuff for ratings.

And to further their political aims.

I know. Let’s see how many more kids we can get on prescription drugs before then.

I completely agree. And I don’t have access to it right this moment, but I believe a high percentage of school shooters since Columbine have acknowledged that shooting as a part of their reasoning for their own.

I agree. And not to make this political, but the current occupant of the White House does society no favors in this regard.

Obviously not. But that was not your original contention either, was it. Hence my “intentionally hyperbolic” comment.

I agree with that. We need someone less divisive in the White house and Congress. We haven’t had actual leadership in the positions for quite some time, we’ve just had people wanting their team to win.

1 Like

So true. And I unfortunately don’t know if we will see it get better any time soon. Or even in our lifetimes.

Which was a hyperbolic statement by me mocking liberals going after the wrong right.

Obama was no less divisive than Trump, he had much better manners and was smarter though, I’ll give him that.

You ever hear of anybody high on weed doing a mass shooting?

I’ll agree to that.

Nah, man…