Texas Does It Again

Ok. A Republic- ruled by the law- with “res” meaning “thing” and “publica” meaning public- the “public thing,” or the law- is not a democracy, which is ruled by the people.

In a Republic, there is limitations on everyone, including the people. In a Democracy, the people have free reign.

because they will just keep voting for more free money on the backs of those who are productive. in general

no not anti-poor. if you own property you have the best chance at growing wealth utilizing the natural resources. property can take various forms not just land. renters - sorry. need to get some property to vote. i’m flexible in my philosophy on this one though

oh i dunno. murder’s up there. theft too. depends on how much. not sure myself what limits should be.

but why should you get to select govt of the land if you cant follow rules within it.

We are. But, as with every group, there are people who are dishonest.

If mail-in ballots are still going to be legal, I would propose that the people collecting them go through a stringent background check. Not just crimial- social media, corporate, everything.

There are very much limitation and laws in Democracies.

Guess everyone who is retired and collecting SS can’t vote.

Thanks

1 Like

doesnt have to be a lot of property

“property” doesnt nec mean sprawling estates. just some land, maybe a dwelling, part of a business, etc. id say most “poor” people i know own some kind of property

why not?

Okay… then what’s the line?

$1? $10? $100?

How much property?

they are on a type of welfare, or are we limit welfare to the poors.

Do you feel the same way towards those that want to own a gun?

But why? Most people I know don’t own “property”. So why disenfranchise them?

No second chances? People who have served their time shouldn’t be allowed to vote?

I guess that counts the vast majority of active duty service men out eh?

2 Likes

why do Republican only pass voting legislation after election they lose.

no one was jumping to pass these laws in 2016-2019.

3 Likes

I couldn’t get behind these.

This one, I can support.

1 Like

You got that from his post?

Damn, the libs are really reaching deep into the bag of stupidity today!

3 Likes

old people living off government money, nothing but freeloaders get a job.

You’d be smarter to stick to Canadian issues. Your statement demonstrates either ignorance or dishonesty.

4 Likes

So can Texans. Although we do asked you be a resident of the county/city to vote for local elections