Texas Dems Flee State to Avoid Vote

They’re ■■■■■■■ cowards.

2 Likes

Because that was the argument libs made when the Oregon Reps ran off. They thought it was wrong to run away and being the minority had consequences.

To now say that would make them…hypocrites.

5 Likes

So far they are getting results. Politics be politicking.

McConnell got results…

2 Likes

This isn’t a new thing. Texas Democrats have had several tantrums like this over the years.

4 Likes

Same old, same old. Everyone cheers when their side plays dirty and complains when the other side does it. There is no fair in politics anymore it’s win by any means necessary.

5 Likes

Good post.

It’s not the first time the Dims have done this in a special session.

8 Likes

Damn right. Play the game the way libs play it.

Time to stop holding one side to higher standards.

Right…except McConnell blatantly stole two scotus picks by bending the rules.

Oh you poor baby…

I’m late to the thread but I think it is wrong. Elections have winners and losers and losing has a cost associated with it. You don’t get to block legislation if you are a loser, IMO.

1 Like

Just pointing out both sides play dirty.

Good. The Texas Democratic party proving smarter than the national one.

1 Like

Well as pointed out, Texas needs these laws because of all the fraud.

So how do WE KNOW that the Texas GOP actually won the legislature fair and square?

:rofl:

2 Likes

The DEMs are simply delaying the inevitable. They will have to come back at some point. The vote will be taken. They will lose. These theatrics will then quickly been forgotten.

How many people remember this same crap from DEMs in Wisconsin, so many years ago. They eventually returned and the vote was taken. They lost that vote. Life went on.

This is simply politics at its worst.

3 Likes

Nobody played dirty, Presidents are entitled to nominations, not consent.

IMO, the Republicans played quite dirty but I am of the opinion that senators should vote for the nominee no matter the party unless there are extenuating circumstances (which I have outlined previously).

Correct

Correct kinda sorta.

The theatrics will be forgotten while the spotlight put on the extremist unconstitutional Republican proposals will not.

The Texas Democrats played a smart hand here. 30 Days of their messaging spread free to the nation starting yesterday. Inshallah, Foxnews talks about nothing else during this period.

That’s a tangent but the republican hack and slash to the teacher’s retirement turned into more hack and less slash due to the protests and also notice how republicans don’t talk about Scott Walker anymore.

1 Like