Texas bans abortion

The constituion was ratified in 1788.

The bill of rights were ratified in 1792.

making them part of the constitution

1 Like

Yeah. They are amendments.

which are no less part of the constitution than any other part of it

Correct.

Some posters here were doubting they were amendments.

no, some posters were claiming they were separate from the constitution. they’re not. they are a part of it

They are now.

They weren’t then.

They remain amendments to teh constitution, which makes them part of the governing document. But they are in fact amendments.

which two posters are in denial of.

It’s something that some people don’t get.

The amendments were ratified two years after the constitution was in effect.

For two years there was no codified rights.

With ratification there was.

Allan

I don’t think humans should be compared to animals. It wasn’t my, or any lib, counter argument. We are able to critically think and have reason far beyond a lion.

For that reason
 how we treat our unborn is made with a level of intelligence beyond a lion.

Ok
 then you say

If you add abortion to “illegal homicides” then you are making abortions an unlawful killing of a person
 right?

You just won’t stop until even a dumb animal could offer evidence that your statement that pro-life ideology is completely rooted in religion is false.

https://www.prolifehumanists.org/secular-case-against-abortion/

Yes the pro life movement is rooted in religion.

You when down this weird path of stating that even animals are smarter than humans because they protect their unborn. I’m sorry but humans are smarter than an animal, and it could be that the animals are dumb for not considering abortion.

If you slow down and read
 I said “prolife”. That is a political movement that was started by evangelicals after roe v Wade. Even today the LARGE MAJORITY of prolifers consider themselves Christian.

Look I can post an opinion piece too

He’s right about linked.

The Bill of Rights was a condition for ratification. Back when men kept their word.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting this isn’t your post?

Here’s what keeps coming to mind when I read your idiotic posts:

What was that in response to? Come on
 post the original post.

Again I’ve stated very plainly, animals and humans should not be compared when it comes to cognitive function.

Can I assume you disagree?

He didn’t say that. Why did you make that up?

It was YOUR counter-argument to a post demonstrating that pro-life is NOT “entirely based in religion”.

Yet you say it wasn’t your counter argument.

See, this is another example of why I hold contempt for your posts. The volume of dishonesty from your keyboard is massive. And you can’t even keep your own posts straight.

Go bother someone else. Once again, you’ve used up my patience for your garbage.

I didn’t say that.

I said I wasn’t the one who made the original argument.