Texas bans abortion

Not quite. The Constitution was ratified by the required minimum of nine States in 1789. But the Federalists had called for unanimous assent which while not required by law, was paramount to the unification of the States. Ratification of the Bill of Rights was a condition for ratification by several hold out States. That was resolved in debate in Congress in the 1788/89 session hence the BoR Amendments which when ratified in 1791, resulted in unanimous ratification of the Constitution. The two documents are joined at the hip, and its disingenuous to say otherwise.

1 Like

No they arenā€™t. You just donā€™t want to believe the intricacies behind their existence as part of the original Constitutional package deal.

No, no, no! Personhood is not achieved until birth. Itā€™s a legal term. The term homicide literally means the killing of a human. An abortion is the taking of a human life. Whether it is legal or illegal is also a matter of law. Why are you finding this so difficult to understand?

How can you have a homicide of a non person?

Under current law you canā€™t. That is why abortion is not murder; it is not classified as a homicide. That is why simply adding abortion to the list of unlawful homicides would put it on par with murder without messing with the legal understanding of personhood, which would have complicated ramifications far beyond this issue. How many times do you need to have this explained to you?

OK. I put my dog down because she was at end stage. Humans deserve the same dogmanity.

Unborn babies and worthless old people. Gotcha.

1 Like

Is that your takeaway? Entirely misunderstood. I suspected you had an ulterior motivation. I think it was to show that you are a better person. Gotcha.

Itā€™s because you are confused.

Homicide can be lawful or unlawful killing of a person. Technically an abortion could be a homicide, if the fetus was deemed a person. But it could also be deemed lawful.

So a homicide can only be such if it is against a person.

You want to tell me how I felt after my miscarriage. Seems the left need to tell us when we can grieve. Look at all the empathy coming from you.

Look at you defending your senile old pervert who is such a failure.

No, Iā€™ve been consistent in saying women are varied and not one-minded in their feelings. Donā€™t you agree? You are free to feel however you like, I recognize the panoply of responses.

And I did not say all. You had to run to your buddies defense even though he said things that were hurtful to some woman.

If not that, what did you mean? Remember, you posted that in direct response to my question regarding your admitted ambivalent position on abortion.

No. Homicide literally means death of a human being at the hands of another human being. The zygote or fetus (we are actually only talking about the latter in this thread) is indisputably human, but it has not been afforded personhood, which is only achieved at birth.

Besides, the law being discussed doesnā€™t refer to abortion as murder or any other form of homicide. It simply bans abortion prior to a set point ā€¦ which is what I said from the beginning. None of your argument makes any difference to that law whatsoever.

Then we are in agreement. Cool.

Come on, man. Keep your lies straight!

Look up the definition of homicideā€¦ please.

Bringing up animals was a counter argument to my original point.

The original 17 rights whittled down to 12 with 10 being ratified.

You are correct.

Allan