Ten Years of Tax Returns From All Presidential Candidates? -- new legislation

From a sitting president?

Quote it, I’m not reading the whole thing again.

Incorrect. The revision was technically post 83.

https://community.hannity.com/t/ten-years-of-tax-returns-from-all-presidential-candidates-new-legislation/101088/83?u=dantes

And as it stands now, was posted 3 minutes after I called you out.

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

(2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

Wrong again, it’s quoted in post 82

The original is post number sixty. Damn man, just read them in chronological order.

And once again you’re not citing any instance in which it was used on a sitting president.

LOL… It was used to get Nixon’s tax returns and will be used to get Trump’s. The law is explicitly clear… ANY return or return information…

Then cite it.

Read the post immediately above this one and let me know what you see.

https://community.hannity.com/t/ten-years-of-tax-returns-from-all-presidential-candidates-new-legislation/101088/83?u=dantes

A candidate has to submit petitions to be on the ballot as a Primary Candidate for the Presidency. I don’t recall anywhere in the Constitution where running in primaries is a requirement to be President. The States have great latitude in this regard, and several states are considering mandating released tax returns as a condition of being on the ballot in a primary.

Cite what ANY means? LMAO… Please cite where the law excludes returns of sitting presidents… LOL…

I’m not a Trump supporter and I oppose it.

If a candidate doesn’t release their tax returns, its up to the voters to decide if they care. (The results of the last election show that most voters don’t care.)

The proposed “must release tax info” law restricts who I can vote for. It takes the decision “does it matter” away from the voters and gives it to the congress (and the chattering classes.)

Like term limits, this dis-empowers the voters.

I oppose it almost as much as I oppose Trump.

1 Like

Wrong. Years of litigation assistance in front of the USSC.

How many presidents did you represent fighting such a request?

Name the cases.

So you can’t cite any instance in which the committees used it to obtain a sitting presidents’ tax returns.

Thank you for clarifying.

Wilbur Mills…

https://people.com/archive/wilbur-mills-taxes-will-be-nixons-downfall-vol-1-no-7/

1 Like

No it doesn’t restrict you from voting for a candidate. You can still choose not to care. It doesn’t disqualify anyone by law… but yes it could make people not vote for a candidate due to their sketchy business ties or other issues.

Is the president exempt from the law?

Please- keep your talking points. People can call themselves what they want, but actions speak louder than words. Both the IRS and FBI under Obama were blatantly left wing partisan organizations, run by blatantly left wing supporters. You libs like to believe that because abuses of power, including outright felonies were covered up by left wing partisans, they didn’t actually happen. You want to believe that the IRS, with criminals like Lois Lerner would target mere conservative groups for persecution, but then ignore the individual they hated who was running for president- that they would not be picking his returns over with a microscope looking for something to bring him down with- shows either you are unbelievably naive or seriously deluded.

Yeah, like I was implying an actual law or executive order was created allowing for the crimes committed in the Obama regime. As Doctor McCoy asked in Star Trek 3 “How can you get a permit to do a damned illegal thing?!”
That’s why they’re called CRIMES and Lois Lerner and the rest of her Ilk, committed crimes against Republicans and conservatives, knowing that scumbags like Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch and Robert Mueller would never even look into any crime perpetrated by liberals under Obama, and especially if their Felon Hillary Clinton was elected.