Tampa General: great success with COVID-19 treatment, reduces hospital stays

When the government gets involved in distribution and who they distribute to it’s a great idea to have a back up plan. My post was more about that and positive news for treatments.

When other states don’t get the supplies they need, do you think they will be as proactive as DeSantis?

As a result of the Biden administration’s moves, the feds delivered less than half the needed doses to the Sunshine State this week. According to CBS12, they sent 30,950 doses “according to numbers from the governor’s office and confirmed by the Department of Health.” But normally, the state needs about 72,000 doses a week to meet the needs.

2 Likes

Again… DeSantis is shifting blame for his failed policies.

Florida is getting the largest share of the treatment in the country.

If more is shifted to Florida then other States lose out on what they get.

This is not a failed policy. It has saved people from hospitalization and saved lives.

Florida is not getting the amount of doses it needs and come winter with all of the 2nd home residents and tourists we are going to need even more.

So, do you see this as a positive? Saving lives and keeping people out of the hospital?

Keep in mind, some of those hospitalizations are of the fully vaccinated.

3 Likes

Still hunting, I see.

The failed policy of DeSantis has led to so many people in Florida being infected in the first place.

DeSantis has always encouraged vaccination. He isn’t going to be a tyrant over it. He is smart enough to know that there are people won’t take the vaccination so he set up treatments that keep people out of the hospitals and saves lives. This also works for folks who have had vaccinations or folks who can’t be vaccinated.

One size does not fit all.

Do you not see this as a benefit? What if the virus mutates so that the vaccines are no longer effective? Is it good to have a plan in place for that eventuality?

2 Likes

His policies are failing. Turning around and blaming the Federal government for not sending him more of a drug when Florida is getting the largest share already is shifting the blame away from him.

My goodness, you really love to make stuff up. Don’t you?

Unlike Democrat Controlled places, like NYC, where countless businesses have been forced into bankruptcy and closure, because of stupid and failed COVID lockdowns and policies, Florida, under the leadership of DeSantis, is doing fantastic ___ so much so that Businesses are leaving Democrat controlled places and moving to Florida where people are free to choose and make their own medical decisions and choices.

It really must suck to live in a nitwit, and iron fisted controlled state like New York.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

I wish conservatives would use this argument for immigration

“Biden has always discouraged immigration. He isn’t going to be a tyrant over it. He is smart enough to know that there are people won’t stop coming to the southern border, so he set up facilities that keep people in a shelter and off the dirt.

One size does not fit all.

Do you not see this as a benefit? What if the southern border immigration increases so that the current facilities are no longer effective? Is it good to have a plan in place for that eventuality?“

1 Like

As posted, we needed ~72,000 and got ~30,000.

That is a failure of the Fed not DeSantis. There is no shortage of the monoclonal antibodies.

So, having a company as a back up plan that doesn’t have a contract with the Feds with excellent results is a positive in my book.

1 Like

It’s actually pretty great.

New York has been averaging daily deaths in tens of people instead of hundreds of people.

The fact that a State has a death toll that high a year and a half in with vaccines available and there are those saying “Hey… that is what the entire country should be doing” is just wild.

That need is driven by the failed policies.

This was all avoidable.

The policies have not failed. People are moving to this State in droves.

What are your thoughts on successful treatments for those who would otherwise be hospitalized or die without it.

The seven day average for Covid deaths since Beginning of August has been over 200 deaths per day. Now it is over 350 deaths per day.

That is not a successful policy.

Yup! The thousands of deaths in the Big Apple’s nursing homes most certainly were avoidable.

:roll_eyes:

JWK
The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, is now their worst nightmare.

So, you don’t see treatments that save lives as a benefit?

What if you are vaxxed? What if you cannot be vaxxed?

What if the vax becomes useless against the variants?

Would you want this treatment available to you and your family members?

1 Like

I see you are still making stuff up.

September 14, 2021

FLORIDA: Fewer Than 200 Die Monday From COVID. Yay. - BocaNewsNow.com

JWK

Yep… they were. Cuomo lied about all of that and other things … hold on… let me check on who is Governor of NY right now… anyway… I will allow for mistakes to be made at the beginning of a crises when there are no good treatments and resources are limited. Yes it is tragic and lives were lost… but bad mistakes will be made. It was lying about it that sunk Cuomo for me.

We are now a year and a half in, with effective vaccines and treatments and a good sense of what it takes to limit the spread of the virus and the fact that people are defending the policies of a Governor whose State is having a death toll equaling nearly two Boeing 737 plane crashes a day… that isn’t good.

If there were two planes crashing daily in Florida we would all say… something is wrong with Florida.

And it was Gov. DeSantis who took the lead in promoting the Antibody Treatment which has not only saved thousands of lives in Florida, but likewise has saved lives in other states after their leadership took the advice of DeSantis and made the antibody treatment a priority.

JWK

The citizens of the United States paid little attention while their tyrannical federal government gave aid and comfort to hundreds of thousands of foreign nationals invading their country.

Vaccines are cheaper and helps a lot more people from getting sick in the first place.

It is silly for DeSantis to complain about getting a treatment from the Federal government… getting more of it than any other State… continually having more and more sick people because of his failed policies of controlling the spread of the virus and then turn around and claim that the Federal Government isn’t giving him enough of the treatment.

Florida needs more than it is getting because DeSantis has failed in controlling the spread of the virus.

We wouldn’t accept two 737’s crashing a day in one State. We would say that something is obviously wrong.

1 Like